Thread: live-aboard mother ships/charters

Default live-aboard mother ships/charters

hello eveyone,
    new to the board, and have searched here but not found any posts relating to my topic.
    I have heard about fishing trips in SE Alaska where you live aboard a large boat/ship (100' or thereabouts), and fish from 20' boats during the day.
    at night, the large boat moves to a new location to fish the next day.
    your meals are prepared for you, private sleeping quarters, and all that good stuff.
    I have been given the green light from my wife to look for something like this for next year. we'll be flying into either Seattle or Vancouver, and taking off from there, either by boat or flying further north.
    If anyone has done this, and has either a charter to suggest, or one to avoid, or just suggestions, I sure would appreciate an e-mail. thanks much, can't wait to visit my 49th state and see what I've missed all these years. also, would we be better off looking to do this outside of the summer peak months of june-aug?
    thanks much!
    Joe

I rented a Nordic Tugg out of Juneau last June for a week and did my own trip. Its well worth the $. You can get a captain/ guide if you want,but we had a ball going it on our own. Check out Nordictuggchaters.com

"I have heard about fishing trips in SE Alaska where you live aboard a large boat/ship (100' or thereabouts), and fish from 20' boats during the day.
    your meals are prepared for you, private sleeping quarters, and all that good stuff."

It isn't in Alaska , I have only dreamed of being able to go , If I hit the lottery.

I saw it on ESPN.

http://www.nomadsoftheseas.com

Default Private message sent.

Joe, I sent you a private message. take a look.Thanks,Joe

Check out http://www.wildalaskacruises.com/ - Larry is a good friend and always gets rave reviews.

If you've got the "green light" for something a bit smaller as well (like just the two of you) the Nordic rental idea is a good one, or a crewed charter like Alaskan Marine Adventures is a popular way to go.

Happy Alaska Travels!
    -Case

Quote Originally Posted by joester View Post
    hello eveyone,
    new to the board, and have searched here but not found any posts relating to my topic.
    I have heard about fishing trips in SE Alaska where you live aboard a large boat/ship (100' or thereabouts), and fish from 20' boats during the day.
    your meals are prepared for you, private sleeping quarters, and all that good stuff.
    I have been given the green light from my wife to look for something like this for next year. we'll be flying into either Seattle or Vancouver, and taking off from there, either by boat or flying further north.
    If anyone has done this, and has either a charter to suggest, or one to avoid, or just suggestions, I sure would appreciate an e-mail. thanks much, can't wait to visit my 49th state and see what I've missed all these years. also, would we be better off looking to do this outside of the summer peak months of june-aug?
    thanks much!
    Joe
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]