Thread: Sag River

Default Sag River

Doing a float for Caribou ont he Sag in early August. Thought about taking my fishing pole so that in the event that I harvest early I can do some fishing. What species does the SAG hold?

Quote Originally Posted by MBURNS2244 View Post
    Doing a float for Caribou ont he Sag in early August. Thought about taking my fishing pole so that in the event that I harvest early I can do some fishing. What species does the SAG hold?
    I know for sure Arctic Grayling, as well as Arctic Char or Dollies, which I hear the Sea-Run Dollies get pretty big up there. Bring lots of Bug Dope.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

I brought my flyrod and had as much fun catching those HUGE grayling and arctic char. If you go after august 10th make sure oyu bring yourself some small game heads as ptarmigan for dinner is about as fine a dinner as you can come across. If you hunt there its inevitable that you will run across a bunch of them. The rivers south of the pass there also hold a TON of fish. Pike and grayling were there are very ready to bite.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

MBURNS2244,
    I just got back from the slope Friday the 4th,and did quite a bit of fishing on the Sag the last 2 weeks.The grayling are ravenously hungry.I caught them on small spinners,cocktail shrimp(not a good idea for catch and release),and they went nuts for brownish dry flies.Definitely take a pole with you on your hunt.You'll not be sorry