Thread: Weather on the Sag River

Default Weather on the Sag River

Going to be on the Sag from the 5h of August until the 10th. Can anyone estimate what kind of temperatures I should be prepared for? (I recognize that temperatures can vary dramatically, but I am lookin for typical conditions)

Default Floating the SAG

In addition, can anyone offer any advice as to where to start a float, so as to get outside the 5 mile corridor the quickest?

Default hot

expect temps to be hot, have been the past couple years, also bring a headnet as the bugs have been unbarable. As far as floating goes, you would have to put in way back at Gailbrath. The Atigun River flows East and dumps into the Sag. But there is a VERY NASTY section of river to deal with. Has to be portaged, if you miss the take out your totally screwed so I for one would not recommend it. There is no other spot to put in and get 5 miles out.

Coldest will be frost on the ground, but I doubt it. It would be comfortable with layering...no mid weight or heavy weight coat needed. That said, I would take a light weight coat and use layering for more...but I am thinking it will not be necessary.

Matt M