Thread: Fishing Around Seward

Default Fishing Around Seward

A few buddies and myself are going camping down in Seward for the 4th. We are wanting to do some fishing while there but not wanting to take a charter. Anyone know of any "honey holes" for salmon or trout. Any info on gear, bait and location would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info.

There still should be some Kings near the falls that you can snag. Most everything else you would need to go out on the water. Preachers pond you can pick up dollies.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Take Nash road to the other side of the bay, there's a sign that says "fish on the beach," it's $5 a person, you can fish downstream of the ADF&G signs and snag 'em in the salt. The reds were in last weekend, should see some other types moving in by the 4th.

Otherwise lowell point is pretty popular beach to throw some vibrex for silvers. There's a set of culverts just south of the docks (on the other side of the breakwall) that a guy pulled a 54 lb king out of last weekend.

Smile

Thanks for the info, we'll try em out and see how we do.

Where are you camping around Seward? Are there any campgrounds around Seward that have showers? Looking to save a few bucks on hotels.

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Millers Landing

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStaten View Post
    Where are you camping around Seward? Are there any campgrounds around Seward that have showers? Looking to save a few bucks on hotels.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    iIs where we stayed this weekend. Tent spots will run you around $26 and they do have showers.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Thanks. Just booked at Miller's Landing.

Just giving some info here. If you plan on staying in a tent I would drive down tomorrow and set a tent up to insure a spot to camp otherwise you will be hard pressed to find a place to set up a tent. I have done this method every year I was going down on the July 4th weekend and when I rolled into seward about 6pm the tent stations were all full and I just smiled knowing my site was sitting there waiting for me.

Default Tonsina Creek mouth

Tonsina Beach is a good hike (3 miles round trip). There is a big beach there for beachcombing and a salmon stream. The trail there also starts near Millerís Landing. Chums should be showing up now. I believe the creek itself is closed, but you can fish in the salt water at the mouth.