Thread: B and J Commercial

Default B and J Commercial

I'm flying into Anchorage at night and flying out on a float trip the next morning. Looking to pick up some last minute gear flies, weight, hooks, bear spray etc... B and J said they have everything I need. Will they have a decent selection of flies?

Mike

The best selection of flies will be at Mountain View Sports, but B&J should be able to take care of you as well.

Worlwide Anglers on Lake Otis just South of Dowling has a huge selection of flies and the knowledge to assist you in your selection. I personnally think they're better than Mt View Sports.

When I hit town the two fly shops I always hit are Worldwide Anglers on Lake Otis and McAffees on Diamond.

Tom at B&J will take care of you.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Tom at B&J will definitely take care of you...he has been an immense help to me several occasions. Always glad to help out someone who is in need of it

Default Ditto on Tom

But don't rule out Sportsman's Wharehouse.....they also have a great selection of flies.
    I have found that WW Anglers to be the 'elitist' of fly fishing.....very polite, but telling me the only way to rig a line is all the nonsense of fly line, then leader, the tippet, etc.. The first snag and I'll be spending more time tying knots than I will fishing....no thanks. Good group of guys, very knowledgable, but too caught up in the 'elitist/purist' mentality of fishing for my tastes.
    Just my .02

Default I have found that WW Anglers to be the 'elitist' of fly fishing

Since when is doing it "the right way" 'elitist'? Flyfishers for many years have been using a "fly line" a "leader" and a "tippet" in that order, all connected together. We did not "invent" this system, we just follow it. It is not the place for 3 guys working in a fly shop to "change" this tradition.

P.S. We king fish with bait, troll hardware for lake trout, centerpin floatfish with beads, flys, & jigs, & drink beer. Elitist???

Thanks for the criticism.

Keith Graham
    World Wide Angler
    Anchorage, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by World Wide Angler View Post
    Since when is doing it "the right way" 'elitist'? Flyfishers for many years have been using a "fly line" a "leader" and a "tippet" in that order, all connected together. We did not "invent" this system, we just follow it. It is not the place for 3 guys working in a fly shop to "change" this tradition.

P.S. We king fish with bait, troll hardware for lake trout, centerpin floatfish with beads, flys, & jigs, & drink beer. Elitist???

Thanks for the criticism.

Keith Graham
    World Wide Angler
    Anchorage, Alaska

Centerpin...............You heathen!!!!!

Default Only one "right way"

That kind of defines elitist doesn't it? I find that a fly line and a peice of mono the weight I want works fine for me, but then I doubt anyone will ever call me a traditionalist or an elitist either. Hey! fishing is for fun, so do it any way you like. Have a nice day. rbuck

We king fish with bait, troll hardware for lake trout, centerpin floatfish with beads, flys, & jigs, & drink beer. Elitist???
    Beer? Elitest??? ...Only if you try to tell me that you can taste the cold, refreshing Rocky Mountain water used to brew it!

Keith, relax! You guys have a great shop too! I'm in your shop 3-4 times a month! Your staff is helpful and extremely knowledgeable! I've learned a lot about pattern selection thanks to them. I'll always buy from you guys! (...but rarely do I fish with a tippet though! Ha!)