Thread: Nikon Monarch.....Good? Bad?

Default Nikon Monarch.....Good? Bad?

Its a little too late now as I just got home with a new Nikon Monarch 2.5x10x42 w/ BDC recticle mounted on my Browning A-Bolt 375 H&H Mag.
    Did I screw up with my choice in scope? I was looking at a VXII 3x9 but couldnt get by this one after checking it over.
    Have had the rifle since new 15 years ago when purchasing it with a Swift 3x9 as a package. Have taken a bit of game with this setup but wanted a new "better" scope before my flyout in September.
    Just hoping to hear some + and - feedback from those more informed than I. It does appear that Nikon has a good warrenty program like Leupold from what I can tell. Had my heart set on the Leupold but like I said I was impressed with the optics of this Nikon after looking through it.......Hope I made the right choice.

I don't have a Monarch scope, but I do have a set of Monarch binoculars and I am constantly amazed at how great they are. I've put them up against Swarovski binocs and can only barely tell the difference. I have Leupold scopes on most of my rifles, but I'll soon be replacing an old Simmons scope and plan on putting a Monarch on there this time. I have been very, very impressed with the Monarch line.

Good to hear,thanks for the input Brian

Dollar for dollar you got a very good scope! One will likely find it's way atop one of my rifles in the future. Any idea what it weighs? Let us know how it well the BDC works. That is one thing I am curious about!

The Gun 001.jpg

The Gun 003.jpg

I have the same scope on my Custom .270, and love it...Personally think it is better than the VX-III and Zeiss Conquest. As much as I love my Schmidt and Bender Zenith, when I can't afford to go that spendy, I will be choosing the new Nikon Monarch!

Perfect! You all have made me feel better about the purchase...Thanks

Unfortunately I leave back up north tomorrow for two more weeks before being able to try er' out on my nexy R&R. Now I need to make a post in the shooting forum for some ammo recommendations.
    Any more feedback good or bad on the Monarch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am very impressed with the Monarch line. Plus they have a great warrenty and service. They replaced one of mine that was broken after my horse fell with me.

Default good scope

I have a Nikon Monarch on my Brn. A-Bolt 338, its been great, holds zero and stays clear. I've shot over 300 rounds and its been on for 12-14 years.

Now that is a sharp rifle ( I am partial to A-bolts)!! How does that BOSS work for taming the recoil?

Didnt have the brake put on till this spring...After shooting the rifle for years without I find myself wondering why I waited so long. Night and day difference. Love it.

Alonquin.....Happy to hear the Nikon has held up to your .338's recoil!

Default great scope

I have the same one on my Weatherby 300. I also have a leupold on my other Weatherby 338, hands down the Nikon is better optics, you made a great choice in my opinion.

Default Nikon

I have tried all types of scopes. On my .375 bear rifle, it wears a Golden Monarch 1.5 X 6. This should say enough about how I feel about there optics. Only wish they still made the "Golden Monarch" line of scopes.

Does the Golden Monarch have better optics? Different features?? Just curious... I'm sitting here reading the post on my iPhone stareing out the window of my tractor at a nice bull bou up here on the North Slope wishing I was sighting in my new scope!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HEMLOCK View Post
    I have tried all types of scopes. On my .375 bear rifle, it wears a Golden Monarch 1.5 X 6. This should say enough about how I feel about there optics. Only wish they still made the "Golden Monarch" line of scopes.
    you can get the monarch gold series at opticsplanet.com

Like Brian I too am pleased with my Nikon Monarch binos ($299 down here) and haven't tried their scope line.