Thread: Kid friendly spots on the way to Fairbanks

Default Kid friendly spots on the way to Fairbanks

I'm looking for some kid friendly spots for small kids (9 & 10) to fish at between Glennallen and Fairbanks. I heard Summit lake had good grayling fishing, but is there a spot where the access is easy for the kids?
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Default Quartz Lake

Quartz Lake, just on the Fbks side of Delta Junction, is a good spot for kids. There is a dock and lots of shore access for bank fishing, plenty of brush-free shore line. They also rent boats there, if you are so inclined.

I have fished Quartz many times with my nephew and he does well. Usually lots of action for rainbows and landlocked salmon on both roe and spinners. Most are 10-15 inches, but we have caught a few over 18. There is also potential for very nice lake trout if you have a boat.

Default Yes

Summit has several spots where you can pull off with small kids. The regulations are posted on signs along the highway. I can't remember.... single hook, no grenades, no Texas women allowed.... something like that

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Tangle river

if you want to take a beautiful 20 mile detour head to tangle lakes and the tangle river on the denali highway. Easy access from the day use, fish off the bank, no waders needed and lots of grayling
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

mile 180 lake. located right off the highway at mile marker 180

TMA,
    Plenty of spots along Summit that are kid friendly. Tie on a small clear casting bubble with a 3' or so leader and a beadhead fly. Have the youngens cast along the shore and they'll have plenty of fun! Whitefish and grayling are plentyful. Birch lake is another with a little shrimp and bobber action.