Thread: pentax scope

Default pentax scope

I have heard alot of good things about pentax scopes and was thinking about get one what do you guys think about this one Pentax 20-50x63???
    The good the bad. it's 100%waterproof also

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    I have heard alot of good things about pentax scopes and was thinking about get one what do you guys think about this one Pentax 20-50x63???
    The good the bad. it's 100%waterproof also
    They have a cheap one that's not as good. Is that the one you are referring to? The PF ED scopes are the ones you want. PF 65 ED or PF 65 ED II, PF 85 ED or PF 100 ED. Angled or straight, it's up to you. Lots of threads here about the PF 65 ED. I have the PF 65 EDA II and it's a great scope.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default yeah

I thought it was a bit to good to be ture at that price thanks anyway Snyd i'll keep looking thanks for the tip

what price range were you lookin at?

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=33175

Check out that thread. Cameraland has the PF 65 EDA II body for $329. That's a nice deal, wish I would've waited a few weeks to get mine.

Default low buget

I wasn't looking to spend much more than 600

I have had a pentax PF65 EDAII on layaway at boonies since the sportsmans show! I can't wait to actually bring it home but they had a smoking deal on it at the time. Camera land has it with the zoom eyepiece in a Demo unit for 780 which is a pretty good deal. They also have the original PF 65 ED(straight) for $550 which is still a quality scope by all accounts and hard to beat in your price range.

Default bump it up

i guess i could bump my price range up i have time. this scope will be for my september moose hunt

Default which

angeled or straight will be mostly moose hunting with it but will be looking at sheep and goats.also on camera land the PF65EDII should i get zoom or fixedand what magnification zoom does the eye piece that comes with it??
    Last edited by alaskankid13; 06-27-2008 at 22:04. Reason: more detail

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    angeled or straight will be mostly moose hunting with it but will be looking at sheep and goats.also on camera land the PF65EDII should i get zoom or fixedand what magnification zoom does the eye piece that comes with it??
    You said it best when you said you have time. I would make it a point to check out both angled and strait scopes to decide. If you go to the range with a buddy ask them to bring their scope if they have one. There are also plenty of folks on here that enjoy showing off their gear and will likely give you the chance to get familiar with it and see what you like. I like angled but if I recall Tony Russ prefers strait and we both can offer a pretty good argument for why we like what we like. This is all about comfort and the only one that will be able to decide what is most comfortable for you is YOU.