Thread: Highway river fishing book

Default Highway river fishing book

I have heard of a book that will show rivers that you can fish. It shows the rivers that can be accessed from the road system of Alaska. Does anyone know what book i am talking about as well as where i can get one? Any help would be great!

I know of two different ones. The more popular one is The Highway Angler. I always see it at fredmeyer, carrs and even the local holliday stations usualy have it. Carrs or Fredmeyers would be a good bet. Usualy they have those books on sale @ 25% off.

Here is a link to it at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Highway-Angler.../dp/1578333660

is it on line !

Default Agreed

The highway angler is a great book if your only fishing the road system. Another nice book that includes other rivers off the road system is Flyfishers Guide to Alaska, which is geared toward fly fisherman, but can easily work as an alternate fishing bible to Highway Angler. THey are both great in my opinion.

Fish On!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Someone should make a river boaters book. One that covers floating, drifting and jet boating.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    The Highway Angler avaiable here, 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...Path=5&&page=3
    Thanks for pointing that out, Dave. I don't make any money off the book sales here, but it is a large part of how David is able to offer this resource for free to the thousands of outdoorsmen that visit. Purchasing a book here instead of Amazon is a great way to support this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, Dave. I don't make any money off the book sales here, but it is a large part of how David is able to offer this resource for free to the thousands of outdoorsmen that visit. Purchasing a book here instead of Amazon is a great way to support this site.

No problem at all Brian.

highway angler is a good book to have.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Gunnar Pedersen (Highway Angler) also wrote another book, I think it's called "Alaska Fishing", which inludes a lot of information for non-road accessible water as well. Those 2 books are a wealth of information and a great resource to have, whether you're just getting started in AK, or if you you've been here forever.