Thread: Federal Fusion Ammo

Question Federal Fusion Ammo

If you have used Federal Fusion Ammo could you tell me of the success or failure you've had and the caliber and game shot with a fusion round. My gun seems to really like these rounds and I'm wondering what successes others have had.

Thanks

I shoot a 7mm Rem Mag with 150gr federal fusion. I dropped a nice caribou bull up north last october from 300yds and a cinnamon black bear with it this month from about 60yds. My rifle shoots them very well and as of now wouldn't shoot anything else out of it.

Thanks for the reply. I am starting to fall in love with the Fusion Ammo myself and have heard nothing but rave reviews about them.

Default fusion

300 wsm w/180 grains of pain into a 57 inch bull moose from 150 yards. No lungs or heart left.

Default 300 Win

Zapped a black bear sow @ 75 yds.

She traveled 3 feet in a vertical direction with a broken spine and shattered shoulder. Subsequently she was covered in red wine and onions.

Drew

Thanks for the replies guys. I am shooting a 300wm 180 grains myself and have only taken a woodchuck @ 200yds with one so far, that was interesting. A little over gunned, but I was trying to hone the marksmanship skills. From the responses, I'll definately be using the fusion rounds this fall.

Default good stuff

I have shot many sitka blacktail with my 7mm Rem. Mag using the 150 gr fusions. I really like them I have varied success with other rounds but the Fusion make it easier and cheap to sight in my rifle and have always been dead on. I haven't used them much past 200 yds but they work well out that far. Contrary to what I say my dad tried shooting them in his .270 and wasn't a big fan. I do know that they have a hard time keeping them in stock here in town.

My daughter took a blackie both last and this year off the stand shooting her .243. We used the Fusion 95 gr and both bears ran about 30 yards before they were done. We'll keep using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Zapped a black bear sow @ 75 yds.

She traveled 3 feet in a vertical direction with a broken spine and shattered shoulder. Subsequently she was covered in red wine and onions.

Drew

I LOVE THIS: "Subsequently covered in red wine and onions"

Default 150 grain

I've been using 150 grain fusions in my 06 and I like them very well. Used them for whitetails, mule deer, & antelope. Now I own a 300 WSM and plan (when I get a scope mounted) to break it in with 165 grain fusion ammo and use that combination as my "long range" rifle. The scope will be a 4.5 x 14 x 40 Leupold VXIII.

I'll let everyone know how that works when I hae some experience with the combination. Certainly should work on most anything smaller than a moose (for which I use my 375 Montana.

My model 94 winchester 30-30 really likes the fusion bullets. Can remember the grain of the top of my head. But they are sweet!

Default Fusion Ammo

My boy shots a 7 MM with 150 grain, shot a nice bou and fork horn moose, the bullet worked great, neither took a step.

Terry