Thread: Finally! Ruger is making a 4" Red Hawk

Default Finally! Ruger is making a 4" Red Hawk

in .44 mag. An ideal platrform for Buffalo Bore and Garrett ammo.

I hope that a 4" Super Red Hawk in 454/45 Colt (with an extended frame section for a bit of weight out front) is in the near future.
    The Number 1 in .450 is intersting as well.

http://www.shootinggallery.tv/articl...ticle_90.shtml

Rob
    simplyrugged.com

Thanks for the link, Rob! You just gotta love Rugers. Everybody seems to have their own pet rifle/handgun/shotgun; I'm no exception. Wish I'd kept some of the guns I've had in the past, though.

That photo of Diana Rupp shooting the Redhawk looks staged. Her finger is alongside the frame, not in the triggerguard in the recoil pulse. The 450-400 (40 caliber rifle, not 45 caliber) shot looks staged as well.

Default Posers?

So, what's your point?
    I am intersted in the content of the article or more precisly in the gun; a factory 4" .44 Red Hawk.

Rob

No point, other than it's not a 45 caliber rifle. Just thought it was odd for a shooting rag, or site to "stage" photos of recoil. No offense, and thanks for the link.

Default Redhawk...

Is this Redhawk in 44 Mag or 454 or both? I was kind of caught up in the new No. 1 info.

And, as DPhillips pointed out the 450/400 is a forty caliber not a 45, and a honey it will be, too.

Yeah obviously both pics staged, no smoke and no tenssion in that shooting arm. It is very hard to catch a gun in full recoil with a camera. especially the auto focus stuff. They are slow. So I gusee they had to do something to simulate realism.

Rob, I would agree a little more weight for the 454 would be nice. I have a Bowen Redhawk in 475 and it is nasty. I shoot mostly whimpy 480's in it.

I hope all this comes to pass without blemish. I'd like to see all this stuff.
    Good shootin'.

Murphy
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

If they make the 4" in 480, I'll be oh so happy!

Default None taken

Being a holster manufacturer, I am far more intersted in the .44 Red Hawk.
    Frankly, I didn't even read the No. 1 portion. Like em, had a few, Ho Hum.
    I like my Guide Gun and Mauser actions more.
    I think a 4" .480 and a .454 with the Super's Frame extention would be a great Alaskan packin' pistol; still easy to cary quick handling plenty of power, not as much blast as the 2.5" Ruger Alaskans.
    S&W is going the other way making those 2" (or so) Survivle Kit Guns on the X frame.
    I still prefere my 629 Mountain Gun, but is nice to have some hi power options available.
    Rob

I fire my Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull about twice a week and find it very accurate really, especially with handloads. Myself I prefer the shorter barrel so I can wear it on my right side (im right handed) and still be able to get it out of the holster fast. For longer barrels I use a cross draw.

Just my 2 cents hehe