Thread: Kenai stream on Sept 4th - 4 hours

Default Kenai stream on Sept 4th - 4 hours

I will have about 4 free hours in Kenai on the evenings of Sept 1st and Sept 4th, as well as a few free hours on the 2nd and 3rd.

Is there a wadable stream in Kenai, or w/in a 30 min drive of town that I could catch a trout or dolly?

If anyone could give me a road to get there as well, that would help a great deal.

Also, is there any place to catch a grayling in the same vacinity? I assume not, but I thought I would ask if anyone knows a planted lake or something.

Thanks in advance,

CP

I am checking this about 1 time a day to see if anyone can offer input.

It would be appreciated.

CP

Default Kenai

Since no one is responding - I'll share what I have researched. Get yourself a good map. Try this link -www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com - there is a link to a company that you can order maps. Also, search the private angler reports. From what I've researched, there are places on the upper Kenai that you can fish from shore, especially the confluence of the Russsian. You can also wade fish the russian river. There is a trail along the Russian that allows you walk along the entire river to the falls. Near Kenai lake there is Quartz creek which will have dollies and rainbows. Surf the internet and read archived message boards and fishing reports. Good luck.

Thank you very much. I will do all of the above.

Chris Palombo

Default Where to fish

Hey there isn't anything really within 30 minutes or so unless you fish a couple of lakes that I have not fished. If you were looking for a wade stream, I would say that Quartz will be worth your drive. It is a little over an hour from Kenai, but you will do very well. There are lots of dollies to be caught and some bows as well. Just drift a bead, and you will have a good time.

Try cresent creek, great grayling around there, dont know the road names though