Thread: Adobe

Default Adobe

Playing with Adobe is fun

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Default Adobe is fun

that is an understatment !! Learning how to play in Adobe can require years of reading and practicing. there is so much that adobe is capable of.

to say it is fun is like saying life is fun !! There is just so much more to adobe than meets the eye !!

Keep posting, keep practicing.. "as the old saying goes" Practice .. .. makes .. .. .. better !!

Nice photograph, but the two green lines coming into the photo from the right side. are a bit distracting for this image. You should take these out of the image. I can be done perfectly, several different ways and methods !!

although the photograph is pleasing to look at, with the geometric symetery, I doubt that the sale-ablity of this image is very high. but you are on the right track.

Creating an image is one thing, but having the skills & knowledge to market that image is another field that most photograhers have little experience in acquiring. For me, that is what photography is all about. Create a pleasing image and sell or lease that image to generate $$$ !

It is a great way to purchase more photographic equipment !

Adobe is a bit of a challenge but fun. youtube.com has some tutorials that you can watch and learn from. Works for me.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default thanks for the help

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Wonderful, difference between the two images !

The entire net is jammed packed with incredible tutorials for abobe photoshop.

Tt is perhaps the #1 program that is available !

Hi Dave,

Would you like to try something, errr... creative!

I use GIMP, so I can't give you exact menus and commands, but they are basically the same. Just figure out the exact Photoshop command to do what is described.

First, use a clone or healing tool to get rid of that ugly time/date stamp! :-)

Then use whatever tool Photoshop has to draw a freehand "selection", and make a circular selection around the flower. Make it as tight as you easily can, but don't be too concerned about a perfect fit (within 10-30 pixels is good enough in this case). Doing this might be easier if you zoom in until the flower itself is basically fullscreen. The idea is to rope off the flower so that commands affect only that part of the image.

Once you have a selection that includes the flower, look for a way to "feather" the selection. There should be a menu of things that can be done with "Select", and that will be one of them. You'll want to set the feathering to about 20-30 pixels (assuming you are working with the same 640x480 sized image, or make it more by the same ratio that your image is larger).

Then, on that selected area of the image, reduce the brightness, increase the contrast, and increase the saturation. Then find out how to apply an Unsharp Mask, and do that to the selected area. (Un Sharp Mask, or USM, is a "sharpening" tool. You'll probably be okay with default settings.)

Then go back to the tools for "Selections", and invert the selection. That will make it so that anything you do will now only be done to the other parts of the image. First, change the feathering to something maybe 3 or 4 times as much, like 80 or so.

Then find whatever command Photoshop has to desaturate the colors. Try just barely reducing the color. Then apply a gaussian blur, maybe about 10 pixels worth.

Then go back to the Selection tools, and find a way to reduce the size of the selected area. Reduce it by 10 pixels fewer than whatever the feather was set to. Set the feather again, desaturate that selection completely, and then apply blur again, but use a slightly higher pixel value, like 15 or 20.

Then repeat the above paragraph, except there is no point in desaturating it.

I suspect that if you play with each of those steps a little as you go, and then maybe once you've done it you may want to go back and start over and do it all again now that you know what it does and what to expect, you will end up with something you'll enjoy greatly.