Thread: Green Island halibut fishing?

Default Green Island halibut fishing?

Any good near by green island I have fished east side of knight but never ventured out to green and we were thinking of doing it 4th of July weekend and wondering if there was any safe places to anchor the boat and places to stay on the shore Thanks for any and all help!!!

Default gibbon anchorage

Green Islands Gibbon Anchorage is one of the best in the sound. There are plenty of camp sites and no bears. Use your charts and watch out for the submerged rocks. There are about a trillion pinks which you will have to negotiate but the one forrestry cabin is a real gem. We stay there for about a week every year. There are a few silvers who venture into that anchorage as well. Enjoy the vast numbers of berries. Some halibut can be caught around the uneven terrain around the island. Some large herds of cod can be had east of the island. If I could offer, bring some dry firewood and firestarters along as most of the wood is water soaked. Have fun!

We talked about it and might just stay on knight island by disk and make a run or 2 out there wheather permitting anyone know where we might get into some halibut on the east side of disk? besides the normal answers of look for shelves lol just area's don't have to give specific locations but can if you are feeling generous lol thanks for your help.

Dang nobody has any suggestions for me I better stick to my 1 20#er a year hole on the east side of knight then cause by the looks of it I do better in the hole all year then everyone else that fishes that area lol

You could just go around the tip of Montague and fish the entrance. Just a thought. I hear there are a few fish around there.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thanks for helping out spoiled one But if we were in a boat the size of your's we would definately be going there but we will be in a 21 bayliner cuddy and would only think about it if we saw glass for water and listened to the weather report for the day I was just fishin for some areas around the east side of knight Thanks for help out though

How deep have you been fishing Knight Island? During the early part of the season DEEP seems to be the ticket. I was out there last weekend doing very poorly on my 220-250 ft GPS spots that normally produce in mid-July, then tried drifting to deeper depths of 325-350 ft. and the action picked up considerably. I like to fish big rubber jigs with some tough bait like octopus or cod belly added on. Sorry, no hot spots to share. Too many hours invested. Keep at it and you will soon have your own secret spots. Good luck!

Default Good spot

Green Island is good fishing from my observations in my 1 trip there. We fished right off the beach in 200' of water about half way down the island. Anyway we limited out 6 folks with Chickens and that was on June 20 last year. This year however we have found the fishing faster up North. We have gotten an 80 and a 135 this year with a bunch of chickens in a few trips. Jigs will outfish bait typically. Keep bait down for scent and have someone run a Kodiak Customs jig. Expensive but phenominal, I witnessed it myself last weekend. Fishing 180 to 280. Shrimp have been from the same holes in 500'.

Thanks gooch. Dream catcher I wasen't asking for hot spots and secret spots just looking for area's. As for secret hot spots there the same ones everyone else use's so I really wouldn't call them secret spots and so far this year those spots that usally produce fish aren't producing so we wanted to go out a littl further and was just checking if someone was willing to share an area not a spot. Heck if someone wanted an area around where I fished I wouldn't have a problem telling them they just need to ask as some have already done for bear hunting.