Thread: 4th of July weekend pws

Default 4th of July weekend pws

Anyone heading out towards green that weekend My buddy and I are thinking about going out there for better fishing how is it? and is there any place to camp on shore and any safe place to anchor the boat? I have the crusing guide but lost in the mess at home and will be looking for it

I'm going to head south side of Montague weather permitting.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

My boating has been put on hold due to a kitchen remodel but I'm going to try and get out for the weekend of the 4th, as I also have the 3rd off. I'm leaning towards exploring Port Nellie Juan and the many anchorages more than a fishing trip.

As to Green Island, I've never been there, but have looked at it in the cruising guide. There is only one area to anchor, and it's on the N end, W side of the island, Gibbons Anchorage. There is a barrier island, and a few anchorages, as well as a state cabin. Sounds like a fair number of rocks and there was uplift during the '64 quake so you can't trust the charts. I'd highly recomend digging out your cruising guide and reviewing that area for pointers on avoiding the rocks.