Thread: Sheefish Info

Default Sheefish Info

Looking for information for a guide that specializes in Sheefish. Looking at the Kobuk River for obvious reasons. Actually just looking for any information, I can find. I did a Google search, and didn't find a lot of info about guide services. I live in Fairbanks, and a few friends and I were talking about the common dream we have of going after some big Shee’s on the Kobuck. Anyone with info? Thanks.

Lourie and Nellie will take care of you for awesome Sheefishing on the Kobuk.

http://www.alaskasheefishing.com/

Yeah I checked out their website, and it looked good. Do you remember what the costs were? I emailed them and am waiting for a response. By the way thanks!

Thumbs up Sheefish

Hoyt:

If you’re interested in doing a do it yourself Sheefish trip I can help you out! I outfit 2-3 Sheefish trips each summer out of Kotzebue. We have 3 good rivers to choose from and the best is the Paw. The Paw Flats is about 45 miles out of Kobuk Village and is the major spawning grounds fro the Sheefish. I sent 2 guys from Colorado up there last July (late) and they caught dozens of Sheefish, most over 35 pounds and a few over 45 pounds and it was their first time out. I can save you a bunch of $ and you will be in the fish for sure.

Let me know if you want to chase these rare monsters from the north!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Your best bet in rafts, canoes and camp rentals
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    www.northwestalaska.com

Default Great Post

Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska View Post
    Hoyt:

If you’re interested in doing a do it yourself Sheefish trip I can help you out! I outfit 2-3 Sheefish trips each summer out of Kotzebue. We have 3 good rivers to choose from and the best is the Paw. The Paw Flats is about 45 miles out of Kobuk Village and is the major spawning grounds fro the Sheefish. I sent 2 guys from Colorado up there last July (late) and they caught dozens of Sheefish, most over 35 pounds and a few over 45 pounds and it was their first time out. I can save you a bunch of $ and you will be in the fish for sure.

Let me know if you want to chase these rare monsters from the north!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Your best bet in rafts, canoes and camp rentals
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    www.northwestalaska.com
    Wow, that video of the Kugururok Video was great. It reminds me of when I was on the Kobuk Caribou hunting. That is some truly raw, untamed land. What a great video, I wish it could have had more pictures of fish that they caught, but great nonetheless. Thanks for Sharing.

Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.