Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshka Joyride...

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

It's been a few years since I have run to the Moose/Kroto Fork. I ran a ways up Moose when I was there last. Water was a lot higher too.

Thanks for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    I ran a ways up Moose when I was there last. Water was a lot higher too.
    When the water comes up, perhaps this fall, we're going to run to Oilwell road and take out there...It would be a good time to have a few more boats running up there....I've floated it several times so I know it's doable, just need a little more water past the forks...lol....
    pull my finger....

Hopefully the guides will have all the beaver dams busted up.

I stoppped hunting the area and running Moose Creek a few years ago because of the guides on the creek.

Some great catch and release area for trout. I just wish everyone would stick to that rule. I seen some people walk away with 6 trout over 30 inches from the bridge. I told them it was a catch and release area for trout and they said they had silvers not trout. Turned their plates into the Troopers but it seems they got away with it. Haven't seen them back since or at least when I am around.

Be careful on the upper reaches of the Deshka. I know traffic is down right now but hunting season can get pretty busy with airboats.

Default Was water gremline there?

Must not have been, I think he would have made you stop so he could've shot the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Must not have been, I think he would have made you stop so he could've shot the bear.
    WaterGremlin was there but not for the bear....lol...he was out looking for a bear while I stayed back at camp with my family...
    I saw the bear and moose from camp.......too funny
    pull my finger....

Ouch!
    Nice video, thanks!

Default Man what a poor guy

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    WaterGremlin was there but not for the bear....lol...he was out looking for a bear while I stayed back at camp with my family...
    I saw the bear and moose from camp.......too funny

Oh well that is how the mop flops sometimes. Will have to get him out to Homer and try and track one out there. He has to get one sooner or later doesn't he?

Cool vid by the way, they are always good.

That brings it back. We used to do that late 70s early 80s, with outboard Jets that was a thing of the day back then, Trying to follow the air boats, They had to stop to cut those trees we slipped under, Was a blast hard on the boat though. Very Cool!!! I don,t Think, I would buy a used Boat from you! Ha, Keep them coming!!More fun than in a Hospital bed..Glad to see your Back at it>>.

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    That brings it back. We used to do that late 70s early 80s, with outboard Jets that was a thing of the day back then,
    now that would be a cool video to see...

Keep them coming!!More fun than in a Hospital bed..Glad to see your Back at it>>.
    thanks for the kind words...
    pull my finger....

I have some on VHS ,I should look them up, Is there a way to make a You tube thing out of those? I,ll Talk with Todd T. Day or two. See what we can do, Not near as great as yours But a few good crashes,

Just got back Sunday from floating Oilwell to the mouth. LOTS of beaver dams on the upper end of moose, fair amount of sweepers as well.

Looks like we just missed you (literally) we floated past the weir saturday and it had the same count as the video.

I have some on VHS ,I should look them up, Is there a way to make a You tube thing out of those? I,ll Talk with Todd T. Day or two. See what we can do, Not near as great as yours But a few good crashes,
    you're getting me all excited now.......I can't get enough older pics/video...if you get me a copy of the VHS, I can get it back to you on DVD, easy beans.......if you want it fussied up a bit just pick a tune and I'd be happy to do it for you....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRiverGuide View Post
    Looks like we just missed you (literally) we floated past the weir saturday and it had the same count as the video.
    I only ran across one floater on Saturday...It was a greenish raft, about 14' footer, one man on the sticks and one fishing...about mile 16 or so...we did run across a large party of canoes a few weeks ago about 3 bends down from the forks...

what type of rubber are you floating?...if I see you up there I can say 'hey'...
    pull my finger....

I only ran across one floater on Saturday...It was a greenish raft, about 14' footer, one man on the sticks and one fishing...about mile 16 or so...

what type of rubber are you floating?...if I see you up there I can say 'hey'...
    I was the one on the sticks.

It's an Aire Trib 14'.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRiverGuide View Post
    I was the one on the sticks.

It's an Aire Trib 14'.
    now I know......you guys catch anything down low...I caught a few small ones (12"-15") about 1 mile above the weir last Wednesday night but usually it is pretty slow for me down in the area we past you....perhaps it's just me...lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pull my finger....

So I hear the upper area has pike? Where abouts? I havent ventured past the weir yet. Can someone explain how to do so?Do you guys have any more vids of running the river from about the wire w/o any editing? So I can see you running the whole strech of the river? I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by FSHKLR View Post
    So I hear the upper area has pike? Where abouts?
    the whole river has pike...any side slough will have 'em....the lower sloughs are getting pretty cleaned out because F&G are fill netting them in there....they'll never get rid of them but they did temporarily knock their numbers down...

I havent ventured past the weir yet. Can someone explain how to do so?
    just dont stop...lol...oh yeah. watch out for the rocks...

Do you guys have any more vids of running the river from about the wire w/o any editing? So I can see you running the whole strech of the river? I'd appreciate it.
    I have over an hour of footage from last saturday....It only takes me 1hr 15min to get up there so most of the run up is on tape...if you were to watch it you might fall asleep though...lol (doubt you'd fall asleep if you were in the boat...)...I'd be happy to get you a copy of the footage...in raw state it is approx 13GB....that's right GB....lol...I'd email it to you but it wouldn't show up in your INBOX until Thanksgiving...lol...the best way to get the footage would be to get me an external USB hard drive and I can copy the footage to that, you can do what you wish with it from there (put on DVD etc.)...
    pull my finger....

Default redds

if the kings get up that high and spawn....please just be aware of the Redd's

I hate to sound like bad on the vid - its truly crazy footage, but if there is alot of groundin and draggin going on - those eggs are gonna need to stay deep in the gravel this year. The future runs are gonna need every fertilized egg in the drainage.

if the kings aren't up that far or are spawning elsewhere - then please forgive my ignorance. I usually fish below wier, never been up that far before.

We spotted the first of the kings a days float below oilwell rd.

Saw schools of them well above the forks.

now I know......you guys catch anything down low...I caught a few small ones (12"-15") about 1 mile above the weir last Wednesday night but usually it is pretty slow for me down in the area we past you....perhaps it's just me...lol...
    It was definitely less productive for good sized trout from a mile below the weir all the way to the mouth. I was surprised at the number of kings I saw rolling at the mouth itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast