Thread: Homer Report.

Default Homer Report.

Well I looked on the computer, and it was calling for bad seas 4-6 footers. I decided to take a chance and drive down. Sunday I got there and could not belive how flat the bay was. It was overcast and cool.... We headed out and went to a new spot, Thanks to Jim (Boneyard baits) who told me about it.. We did good and had a great time.

Monday we went out and like most people we had to try couple of spots. We limited out but the bite was not as fast as Sunday.

If you want to know more of the story tune into 96.3 this upcoming Sat @ 9am Fishing report.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

How about some pics Gary?
    Please!!!

I do have them.. From the first day but I forgot my camera in the car the second. Will try to post later.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU GARY BUT YOU LOOK NOTHING LIKE YOUR AVIATOR EXCEPT THE PANTS
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default Homer Spots

Gary,

Sounds like you did well. Heading that way on Friday, back on Sun.

Anyone care to share a few spots with me, not looking for bigguns, chickens are okay, but wouldnt mind keeping a few in the 50lb range. Dont do Homer very often, matter of fact, has been two summers now. The last time, friend hooked into a 200lb'er within eyesight of Seldovia.

Will be taking out my 11yr old son, my Uncle and his 12 yr old son. Only spots I know of are outside of the Bay and far from shore.

Any help will be appreciated and kept secret, of course. We'll report back.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by boneyardbaits View Post
    IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU GARY BUT YOU LOOK NOTHING LIKE YOUR AVIATOR EXCEPT THE PANTS
    Does he walk like he's on a mission and mad at the world tough.

funny, the weather report wasn't too good when I was there. Weather was better than expected. The marine forecasts haven't been too accurate.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    funny, the weather report wasn't too good when I was there. Weather was better than expected. The marine forecasts haven't been too accurate.
    I have been burned by it a couple of times....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Great to meet you.. your jigs are top quality.... Took the ones you gave me Monday and had a blast. Several times the jig came back with the whole soft tail gone.

My aviantor is a what I look like before I have my morning rockstar.....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

IM GOING TO DRINK THREE OF THEM TUESDAY MORNING AND THEN DO THE LING THING...I CANT WAIT.. I EVEN BOUGHT A PINK SPEEDO TO WEAR
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

IM GOING TO DRINK THREE OF THEM TUESDAY MORNING AND THEN DO THE LING THING...I CANT WAIT.. I EVEN BOUGHT A PINK SPEEDO TO WEAR

Hey, you been on the fillet wow posts? Alaska Gray talking about me again? By the way, his was purple. We caught so many yellow eye that day.......

HELLO WLD BOAR I SEEN THOSE PICS OF YOU AND ''MR. ROCKSTAR'' NICE FISH, LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME... EXTREME FISHIN DIAPERS INCLUDED IN SEVEN DAYS

Jim, I waiting to see If I will cry enough with all the Ling you will put us on..
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

IF THIS FAT MIDGET CAN MAKE SIX MARINE SARGENT BEG TO STOP FISHIN ,ONE BIG FUZZY BEAR SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM PROZAC AND ME = FUN

Sounds like a decent enough time Gary... I'll throw my hat in the 'you're not like your avatar' comments as well! Was cool meeting you in Sportsmans awhile back.

I'll be headed down Thursday-Sunday to see how the fishing is. Still trying for that boated King, but may have to settle for more halibuts... hopefully the forcast at this point will come true or get better. Altho I don't put much stock into them until that very morning anymore.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

I'm going to make another run hopefully July 14-15 and one more in Aug to go out with boneyardbaits...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Anybody else heading down?

Will be fishing Fri-Sun, gonna try to load up on the Halibut, but wouldnt mind meeting or fishing with a few others from the forum out on the water. Anybody else going to be on the water and wouldnt mind a tag along? Safety in numbers, plus seeing that this is my first time out of Homer in a few years, wouldnt mind having a more seasoned/experienced boater that knows the water.

Not trying to get in on anyones secret honey hole. If your out there let me know.

My call sign is "Defiance" and Im running a 22ft Fiberglass Pilot House.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hunter View Post
    Will be fishing Fri-Sun, gonna try to load up on the Halibut, but wouldnt mind meeting or fishing with a few others from the forum out on the water. Anybody else going to be on the water and wouldnt mind a tag along? Safety in numbers, plus seeing that this is my first time out of Homer in a few years, wouldnt mind having a more seasoned/experienced boater that knows the water.

Not trying to get in on anyones secret honey hole. If your out there let me know.

Andy
    Sunday it was weired I did not see another boat on the water all day near us. Monday I saw about 6-8 boats. I agree comfort factor when seeing other boats.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    I'm going to make another run hopefully July 14-15 and one more in Aug to go out with boneyardbaits...
    I should be down there as well, although with any luck we'll be going into China Poot for the reds. They start around that time and we'll be watching them closely!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hunter View Post

Andy
    Andy, I'm heading down late late Thursday for the weekend, starting with the morning tide Friday AM. Not sure where we'll be going - depends on the waters. But always looking for more bait in the water!! Not to mention I have no boat pics of us on the water! haha..

'Swissy Baroo' is the boat name, 24' Hewes Alaskan, red trim and flags flying on the roof - US and AK.

Jim
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...