Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hook in the toe

Default Hook in the toe

So I am upgrading the hooks on my wiggle warts and my wifey desides she is going to walk over my little project even though I give her plenty of warning not to.

Dor gets a hook in the toe past the barb. I tried to get it out by hand but it would not budge.

I decided to pull it out with the old string trick which I saw once on a video a couple years ago.

I took the rear hook off the lure in case Dor moved while I took the other hook out so she would not get double wammied. That hurt a bit as I was wiggling the lure around a bit at first. This is what caused the foul language. I was so mad that she walked right through my area that I had been changing hooks in for over an hour.

The string trick worked beautifully.

WARNING THE VIDEO HAS ADULT LANGUAGE..RATED R !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02mG5sioC4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ouch... Had that happen to my middle finger before with a treble hook and I gotta say I'd be impressed with someone that doesnt lose their cool while its going on

Ps best part of the video....

"Honey you dont even know what youre doing do you?...."
    "Yeah I do I watched a video"

LOLOLOL

omg that was funny as h*ll only cause I've done it before but mine was throught the thumb and i was stuck to the carpet had to call my mom to bring me something to cut the carpet with lol. " I watched a video " that is a classic responce lmmfao omg too funny

is there any way you can help us learn the string trick.. i cant see whats going on from the video.

Thanks RMILLER
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    is there any way you can help us learn the string trick.. i cant see whats going on from the video.

Thanks RMILLER
    Part way down the page "String Yank Technique"

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010601/2231.html

Hope you marked the back of your lic.
    what is the limit anyway???

Done that to my hand and by far the worst pain I have ever experienced. Felt dizzy and started to sweat when the pushed the hook all the way throught the skin to clip the barb
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Got a 6.0 hook buried in my face a few years back while at Pony Cove. Fished the rest of the day (silvers were in!) and had to go to the hospital that night to have the hook cut out.

Even though she stepped into an area where she shouldn't have, you know of course that it's your fault that she hooked herself don't you??? Just ask her

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Got a 6.0 hook buried in my face a few years back while at Pony Cove. Fished the rest of the day (silvers were in!) and had to go to the hospital that night to have the hook cut out.

Even though she stepped into an area where she shouldn't have, you know of course that it's your fault that she hooked herself don't you??? Just ask her
    Sky, a friend of mine was a doc down there when that happened to you....so YOU'RE the person!! Too funny!!

Talking

I had a that happen to me years ago while fishing the Kasilof. It was the night bait went legal. We were out there doing our thing. I leaned my rod on the bank and went to rebait my hook. At that time someone else with his dog was walking up the trail. His dog was running ahead of him (not on a leash) It was dark around 2 am or so. I didnt hear or see the dog untill after his legs got cought up in my line and draged the rod about 20 yards up the trail. Well that king hook got set in my finger past the barb. There I was running to catch up with the dog as he was dragging me with him. Its all good these days. Now its a good storie to tell while fishing. It hurt a little. It was really cold and my hands were numb so that helped. LOL. Had to push it through the other side to clip the barb. That hurt a little too LOL! The next morning was a little more painfull. Though it didn't stop my weekend of fishing. The guy felt really bad. I was upset buy still managed to be polite about it. He took me back to his camp and broke out the 1st aid kit. These days I don't fish around dogs running around with out a leash LOL!

Next time you are out fishing with her I would quietly tie that lure to her line to see if she notices

Quote Originally Posted by FSHKLR View Post
    I had a that happen to me years ago while fishing the Kasilof. It was the night bait went legal. We were out there doing our thing. I leaned my rod on the bank and went to rebait my hook. At that time someone else with his dog was walking up the trail. His dog was running ahead of him (not on a leash) It was dark around 2 am or so. I didnt hear or see the dog untill after his legs got cought up in my line and draged the rod about 20 yards up the trail. Well that king hook got set in my finger past the barb. There I was running to catch up with the dog as he was dragging me with him. Its all good these days. Now its a good storie to tell while fishing. It hurt a little. It was really cold and my hands were numb so that helped. LOL. Had to push it through the other side to clip the barb. That hurt a little too LOL! The next morning was a little more painfull. Though it didn't stop my weekend of fishing. The guy felt really bad. I was upset buy still managed to be polite about it. He took me back to his camp and broke out the 1st aid kit. These days I don't fish around dogs running around with out a leash LOL!

hehehe..... I hope the first aid kit was in a 40 ounce bottle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    what is the limit anyway???
    One...at any given point in time, at least (unless you live in Utah!)
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    Now THAT is some funny stuff man!!

BTW, bummer for the wifey and gnarly pic!

We had a safety meeting at work and were shown some pictures of why you should wear glasses while fishing.

WEAR THOSE GLASSES!!!!!

Thats a bummer, but made for one hell of a laugh. Got to love the "do you know what your doing?" comment...

Hunt_AK,
    The eye picture made my eyes water, that is exactly why I always have glasses on!

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    In that case, I think most of us have reached our limit
    Wonder how would catch and release do up here?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I took a 3/4 oz Pixie to the head a few years ago and the treble went through my hat and buried in my scalp flush to my skull. I sucked down a 1/2 a fifth of Captain Morgan and my buddy tried the string trick and pliers to no avail. It took a shot of anestetic and a big pair of pliers to get it out. I gave the ER some good laughs that night.

Default Hook in hand

Here are a couple of pictures of a Kwik-Fish that I got stuck in my hand this past week while fishing at the little-su. It was stuck in there really good, I couldn't bring myself to let my buddy try to pull it out. So I went to the ER. The only thing worse than having two legs of a treble hook in your palm, is having a 30 lb King on the other side still flopping around.

It sure didn't feel good, but at least I still got some salmon the Grill!!
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by cmo1977 View Post
    Hunt_AK,
    The eye picture made my eyes water, that is exactly why I always have glasses on!
    Yeah, I admit I have to scroll past that picture fairly quickly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Wonder how would catch and release do up here?
    Catch and release works well everywhere, you just release half of your stuff also...

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    Sky, a friend of mine was a doc down there when that happened to you....so YOU'RE the person!! Too funny!!
    Yeah, they even gave me a shirt for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast