Thread: New CZ's???

Default New CZ's???

Has anybody seen the new CZ 550's? It appears the only diff. is the stock, but the one I held (243) in Anchorage's SW had the worst 3 shot group of any of the CZ's I've seen. It also felt like a heavey trigger even when set. I hope that is just a fluke because I'm in the market for a 550 in 243.

Jake

Which model are you looking at buying? The American? I'm suprised they (CZ-USA) hasn't offered any model in stainless yet.

Default 550 American

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Which model are you looking at buying? The American? I'm suprised they (CZ-USA) hasn't offered any model in stainless yet.
    I'm lookin' at the 550 American. I think CZ-USA offered a Model 3 that came in SS/S but don't qoute me on that because I've never actually seen one.

Jake

I wouldnt take that target that comes with the rifle so seriously. My .375 came with a target. When I unfolded it, I thought I can throw rocks better. Then I took the rifle out to the range it has yet to shoot a 5-shot group over 1 1/2 with ramdom loads. Load work up is as easy as, I want to use this bullet, I already have this powder, heres some cases, seat a primer, and whammo 1MOA. Its actually pretty boring.

-BTW, sportsmans in Wasilla has the CZ in 243 on sale for $499. I came real close to snatching it up, but Its HEAVY for a 243, more like a varmint job, and its on a long action.

Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    I wouldnt take that target that comes with the rifle so seriously. My .375 came with a target. When I unfolded it, I thought I can throw rocks better. Then I took the rifle out to the range it has yet to shoot a 5-shot group over 1 1/2 with ramdom loads. Load work up is as easy as, I want to use this bullet, I already have this powder, heres some cases, seat a primer, and whammo 1MOA. Its actually pretty boring.

-BTW, sportsmans in Wasilla has the CZ in 243 on sale for $499. I came real close to snatching it up, but Its HEAVY for a 243, more like a varmint job, and its on a long action.
    Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I'll call them right now and see if they can send it to the one up here in Fairbanks.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by CZ_IN_AK View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I'll call them right now and see if they can send it to the one up here in Fairbanks.

Jake
    They also had a CZ American chambered in 30-06 that had some really good wood on it. I believe that rifle had a reduced price tag as well.

About three years ago they announced that they were bringing out lefty versions of their full sized rifles. I'm still waiting, and their credibility has worn really thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    They also had a CZ American chambered in 30-06 that had some really good wood on it. I believe that rifle had a reduced price tag as well.
    When I bought my .375 Am Safari, they had a swede there that I thought had the wood upgrade. It was beautiful. The guy said, nope its the standard grade. I think they wanted 5 bills for it. I didnt buy it, but called on it a month or so later, but it was gone. I really like the CZ's, the fit and finish reminds me of guns of years ago, their just a bit heavy.