Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamiglas rocks!!

Default Lamiglas rocks!!

So here is the story.

I have two Lamiglas rods, a salmon moocher baitcasting rod that is rated 12-25 line 9' and a 9 weight fly rod.

I had broke them both many years ago. One out fishing and one that got broke in a tailgate or such accident.

They both had one break apiece but during a move a couple of years ago they were broke into thirds when a piece of furniture squashed them.

I packaged them up a couple weeks ago and sent them with return shipping to Lamiglas.

To my wonderful surprise I got a new front half for the fly rod and a whole new Salmon moocher.

I caught this fish with the Salmon moocher in 1997.

I am a happy camper.

Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default receipt?

2 wks ago I slammed my kenai special top half in my tailgate of my truck. I had 2 so I took the top of the spare and put it on the old butt. Hooked a king - and set the hook - and SNAP - the butt broke 6 inches down from the splice.

When I went to their website it says that you must have original receipt of purchase and it has to be a problem with materials or manufacturing..............

Maybe I should send in my pieces - I do like the rods, but I can buy 3 ugly stiks for the price of one lamiglas...........

I will have to send it in to see what they will do.

I just sent an explaination and the rods in an inexpensive rod tube along with a check for $20. I told them I did not have the reciepts because the rods are around 11 years old.

I have owned a couple others that I have broke that I was to lazy to send in that just got scrapped. That will learn me.

Thumbs up That is great

Customer service seems to be a thing of the past. So when something great like this happens it still gives me hope. Glad they made it right for you
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default I have a Lamiglas

10 wt that is starting to 'get loose'. Just won't hold the reel on that well. Last time I used it, reel wobbled side-to-side. Been wondering if I should send it back or not....Maybe will try??

OTOH - I also have a WW Grigg fly rod that has caught everything from kings to bows....7 wt rod. Small shop in Oregon; owners still answer the phone. I totally recommend them! Rod I bought is carbon fiber....picked it up at BJ's 2 years ago. Not sure if they still carry...but will definitely buy a Grigg next time I am in need!!

Thumbs up

ive had Fenwick replace one of my rods, no questions asked.

Default rods

Im surprised anyone could put lamiglass and ugly stick in the same sentence as a comaprison :P
    I've had nothing but great success with my lamiglass rods on the water and back to the factory. Ive recently upgraded to loomis rods. They have a $65 no questions asked warranty which sucks comapred to lamiglass in some ways, but I gotta say that the feel you get is incredible. Easy to catch more fish when you can feel it touch them rather than ahving to wait for your rod to fold over double to realize its a fish and not a log/rock.
    my .02
    Justin

I fished with Lamiglass for years, and thought they were awesome, until I got my Loomis. It is way more sensitive, stronger, and lighter. I won't go back to anything else now. I out fish all of my buddies who are using Lamiglass, Ugly stick and other brands of rods. They always ask me why I limit out faster on the Russian, or Catch a King when they are using the same lure as me. I always tell them "part of it is luck, and the other part is the GLoomis I am using".

The one thing I can't stand about Lamiglass baitcasters is where they put the eye on the bottom half of the rod. Why couldn't they have put an eye farther up. When you break down the rod you always have a foot of rod sticking out below the butt of the rod.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Default did you

tell them that you slammed the rod in a car door?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    tell them that you slammed the rod in a car door?
    I really dont remember how it was broken.

The other was broken in use as it still had the ends together.

I had four broken lamiglas rods but lost two in the past.

Default This is the letter I sent

At the bottom of the page was a picture of the king I have mounted which was caught on the Lamiglas Salmon moocher.

I do own a G-Loomis G3 that I will use for silvers. I paid $117 for it at SW. Normally they are more spendy than I would pay for a fishing rod. It is a great rod but I really am a Lamiglas fan. I usually get my Lamis for $99-$125 when I look around.

My first Kenai special has caught over 100 Kings on it including three this last week. I caught a King on it on my first cast I ever took with it. The fish was a 40 pound hen at Montana creek(probably the largest hen I have ever caught). My brother caught a 136 pound halibut on it with 20# line. It has caught all five salmon, rainbows, dollies, pike. The tip of the rod was snapped and I replaced it and one of the main guides also. So it is 3 inches shorter but I like it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Letter:

Hello at Lamiglas,

As you can see I have two Lamiglas rods that are broken.

The G1326-T was broken in use and I cannot remember how the G-1298-9 was broken.

I have been carrying them around for several years and have been meaning to send them in for a long time. I have owned each rod for over ten years. Both rods received more damage during a move 4 years ago but both were already broken before the move.

I have three other Lamiglas rods that I use as they are my favorite rods. One of my Kenai specials has caught over a hundred King Salmon and one 136 pound halibut.

I do not have receipts for these rods as I have had them for a long time.

The King salmon on my wall was 44 pounds and caught with the G1326-T rod in 1997.

Please let me know what if anything you can do for me and my rods.

Thank you.

Lamiglas fan,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default My favorite

Lamiglas is my absolute favorite, but I have broken a bunch of them. It seems you have to take really good care of them. I had a 8.5 foot steelhead rod that was my favorite rod ever but it broke on a silver two years ago. My kids are hard on them too, so I may wait about 10 years before I buy anymore lamiglas. I also was too lazy to send them in, I really should have taken the time, I'd have 4 or 5 great rods right now.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Talking Another Angle

Here you all are stating how awesome Lamiglass is and how darn near each one of you has broken them if not several and how it costs $65.00 to send them back. Well...you can buy a new Ugly Stick for that amount. I have been using Ugly Sticks all of my life and have never broken one and until they fail me I will continue to use them. To each his own, but I love how if someone (including me) spends money on something they justify it in their mind, c'mon guys you know it's true, cause if it wasn't, none of us would have anything because our wives control the money (tear this one up). Of course I don't do this! And, for those who claim to outfish their buddies because of the LG stick, my buddy's son who is back from college went down to the Russian last week and limited out in 20 minutes. I don't think it had anything to do with the rod he was using, because he wouldn't know the difference if it bit him in the butt. I know we all love our brand loyalty, and we are all guilty of it to a certain degree, but I love reading posts like this beacuse it brings a simle to my face, God I love this forum. The above mentioned is not a slight towards any manufacturer or the other just a giggle towards the vast and varied opinions on this fourm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Here you all are stating how awesome Lamiglass is and how darn near each one of you has broken them if not several and how it costs $65.00 to send them back. Well...you can buy a new Ugly Stick for that amount. I have been using Ugly Sticks all of my life and have never broken one and until they fail me I will continue to use them. To each his own, but I love how if someone (including me) spends money on something they justify it in their mind, c'mon guys you know it's true, cause if it wasn't, none of us would have anything because our wives control the money (tear this one up). Of course I don't do this! And, for those who claim to outfish their buddies because of the LG stick, my buddy's son who is back from college went down to the Russian last week and limited out in 20 minutes. I don't think it had anything to do with the rod he was using, because he wouldn't know the difference if it bit him in the butt. I know we all love our brand loyalty, and we are all guilty of it to a certain degree, but I love reading posts like this beacuse it brings a simle to my face, God I love this forum. The above mentioned is not a slight towards any manufacturer or the other just a giggle towards the vast and varied opinions on this fourm.
    Well, to combat your statement, I have broken an ugly stick but have never broken my Lamiglas...

Default Get outta here!!!!!

Obviously you're a liar! Oh yhea, my uncle works for Ugly Stick and they have never had a rod returned, EVER, so there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Obviously you're a liar! Oh yhea, my uncle works for Ugly Stick and they have never had a rod returned, EVER, so there!!!
    LOL

I have nothing against Ugly Stick (I did break one though) but my Lamiglass is a very nice rod and if this one goes down, I will probably go for a Loomis as some others have done. If anything, just to keep trying new cool pieces of equipment until one makes me a total believer. So far, my Lamiglas has not failed me.

I saw five ugly sticks break in one day at Willow creek. It would not have mattered what gear those gorillas were using that day though.
    I would not take an ugly stick if there was 65 dollars tied to it.

A few years ago an employer of mine gave out ugly stick combos for bonuses and it is still my wifes salmon rod.

Default ugly sticks

Umm I think you took my post out of context. I said that the Loomis has a $65.00 no questions asked, forever guarnatee, dont need the reciept. The Lamiglass does not have a money warranty, they just fix or repalce, but supposedly you are supposed to be using them for fishing when they break and you are supposed to have a reciept of sale. Obviously that is not always the case as we have the great success story above
    And as far as brand loyalyt goes, i go with the brand that produces the most fish. Thus the G-loomis hands down. I've been using a kenai special since 96' and I still have it. As far as feel and backbone go it has great feel due to it's lack of a real strong backbone but is nevertheless strong enough to pull in a monster king even in fast current. Ive caught well over 100 kings in a year with this rod. I have no complaints whatsoever, I still have it.
    But I will tell you, 3 years ago im standing on the shore of clear creek (at the dolly hole) with my brother who had jsut purchased his new Loomis (1025c I think) and hes jerking on the kings left and right, we are in the clear water that is backed up against the talkeetna so its not real fast and hard to feel the bottom all the time. I told him there is no way Im getting a Loomis for the price they cost, ive caught a zillion fish with my Kenai special.
    10 mins later i'm giving it a shot, and 4 days later I'm in Three Rivers getting my own.
    Like I said, I ahve nothing against any other brand, but until I find a rod thats compareable to the loomis I own now. It's all I'll use!
    Good luck, and happy fishing.
    Justin

Thumbs up Classic glass

9’0” GC90 15-30 classic glass plugging rod by Lamiglas.... it has out fished all my beloved G.Lomis rods hands downs. If you are a plug fisherman that’s it........ a must have. (Get yourself one, if you like to pull plugs)

The Kenai Specials are awesome. I do be careful about loading the rod too much though. That is what the drag is for. I have had a King or two that needed some extra time to bring in cause I would not dare put any more pressure on the rod.

I consider a hundred bucks about my max for a fishing rod and all the Lamiglas rods I have bought have been $99 or less except one that I ordered for $125.

When I saw the G-Loomis G3 on sale for $130 I used a 10% off coupon to bring it down to $117 so in my mind I was getting a Loomis for the price of a Lamiglas which I think is a good deal (and in my price range).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast