Thread: Businesses in Fairbanks

Default Businesses in Fairbanks

Coming up this fall for moose hunt. Will be returning home through Fairbanks, hopefully with moose antlers, meat and bear hide. Any recommendations on expeditors, meat processors and motels in Fairbanks? PM me if need be. Thanks in advance for everyones help.

If no one can vouch personally for any of the businesses; try the chamber of commerce website for names: http://fairbankschamber.chambermaste...id=106&aname=1

KRS

Harter's Taxidermy in Fairbanks does expiditing.

Hotel choices are plenty. There are two that are ok and near the airport. Pike's and Extended Stay. They both have fairly large rooms. I think the Extended Stay has a gym and hot tub near the lobby. The nicer places would be Princess Hotel, Mariott, Westmark, Sophies, and probably a few I'm forgetting now. Hotel.com should have pretty good info on reviews, prices, etc.

Default Second for Pike's

While I have never stayed there, I have put many clients up at Pike's. They have all been happy with it. It seems to me to be a good value for the money. I can attest that they treat me right in the bar

Plenty of hotels like oakman said. Santas smokehouse (alaska fish processing) is a good spot for meat processing. Pretty quick turnaround, usually a week or two but maybe delayed during moose season. Another good place is Delta meats and they make runs into Fairbanks, but you would have to catch them when they do. Both top notch places in my book. Good luck!

Default Delta meats

Delta Meat and Sausage does an excellent job, be advised however, that they no longer pick-up in Fairbanks. You have to deliver your game to them and they will return it.......on a Friday.

McPeak's Store on Badger Road does an awesome job on meat processing and specialty items, but they usually wait until well after the season before they start accepting game for processing.
    Interior Fish Processors would probably be your best bet.
    Now what ?

Default Second that

Quote Originally Posted by F-16Pointy View Post
    Plenty of hotels like oakman said. Santas smokehouse (alaska fish processing) is a good spot for meat processing. Pretty quick turnaround, usually a week or two but maybe delayed during moose season. Another good place is Delta meats and they make runs into Fairbanks, but you would have to catch them when they do. Both top notch places in my book. Good luck!

I'll second Santa's Smokehouse (http://www.santassmokehouse.com). That's where I get all my processing done (I recommend the summer sausage and hunter's sticks). They also FEDEX for you if you need it. I know they close for a while during Moose Season but I can't remember when. If you call them I'm sure they can give you details.

Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    McPeak's Store on Badger Road does an awesome job on meat processing and specialty items, but they usually wait until well after the season before they start accepting game for processing.
    Interior Fish Processors would probably be your best bet.
    ??? They took my caribou about a week into September last year.....and were accepting others when I dropped off and picked up. It may depend on how busy they are.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)