Thread: Homer Derby

Default Homer Derby

Sure seems like a slow year for the Homer Halibut Derby. It looks like the biggest fish so far has been around 165 #. I did see a report of one over 250 or so but they must not of had a ticket!!! I wonder if its the cool weather and water temps!

Default Last weekend

the 165#er was caught, seen it personally. The guy also caught anther 100#er. Another guy on a charter had a 295#er-no ticket either. Seen it laying on the deck of the businesses on the right heading down the spit. While eating another charter boat unloaded near the Happy Face restaurant. They had a load of all monster butts. So they are out there. Our biggest was only 60#'s. If going on a charter it might be worth the ticket purchase.

Lots Of Big Fish But No Ticket.....no Ticket Dont Kill It....
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

i agree with boneyard, those big fish make lots of little fish, and they don't taste good either.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.