Thread: Weekend Whittier report..anyone?

Default Weekend Whittier report..anyone?

Looking for some info on Whittier this weekend, thinking about heading out in the next few days.

Default whittier

Still having to work hard for our limit on halibut, but we did on Friday and Saturday. Go south. I spent the two days near south Montague. Saw whales, sea lions, otters, porposies, caught ling cod and of course halibut. Nothing real big though, one #60 and two in the thirties. The rest twenty and below. Reds not showing in good numbers at Main bay yet.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((
    Rich Adventures
    PWS is my office. Can't get better than that.

thanks 45 appreciate the info.

fishin 45, I have never been out of Whittier that far. Can you give me an idea of the distance and travel time you have going out there. I looked on a map and roughly figured about 100 miles to SW Montague. Does that sound about right? I am guessing that straight lines on the map compared to real world driving will have a difference.

I have a new boat this year that will get me out further. Just trying to plan the distance, time and fuel all out.

Thanks for your help.

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Default distance

I go between 68 and 92 miles one way depending on water conditions and the people I have on board. I travel between two and a half and three hours one way. Use l Knight passage and then long channel on Knight island.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((
    Rich Adventures
    PWS is my office. Can't get better than that.

Thanks for the info. How is the shrimping out there? I always want to drop my pots when I'm on the water. I take it it's a pretty easy trip to make...not too many dangers to worry about. Any bays that you prefer for shelter when anchoring overnight?

Thanks again....AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's