Thread: Upper Kenai Update

Smile Upper Kenai Update

So the wife and I floated from the bridge to jims yesterday. For a day that started with pouring rain at 6am it sure turned into one beautiful day on the water. We hit the water around 10am Once we shot through the princess chute we started fishing smolt patterns, Did pretty good on the upper Landing 3 bows and around 16 inch's. Enjoying the weather we floated pst the line of death at the russian/kenai confluence and worked our way down the river. We had good success on leaches untill we hit mile 57 hole. There we went to beads and did very very good. Floated down to the braids and hooked a nice dolly around 24 inches but lost him. The carcess piles on the kenai are starting to pile up all ready and a flesh pattern worked well at the braids. Water is up but no bad and after 10 hours on the water the fire and grilled prokchops were a nice ending. Oh and out of all the people fishing for reds from the ferry to the powline we only saw about 6 fish hooked. We went past there about 2pm yesterday. We did catch quite a few small bows 10 inches but they were healty looking and saw lots of smolts in the back eddys and in the shade. Great day, great weather and good fun
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Good to hear that you got to have some fun of them dolly/rainbows that are sitting out there.

I hit the russian/kenai yesterday myself, fishing is actually fairly good, fish were sitting WAY out in the river though, so if you weren't experienced in fishing there you weren't catching anything.

Jon

We did have a blast and the blue bird day did not hurt at all. It was windy but the sun was out. Nothing I love better than watching someone hook a fish on the drift
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight