Thread: Duckworth Pacific Navigator

Default Duckworth Pacific Navigator

Planning to get an off shore boat this year. We ended up buying a jet boat last year and now use it mainly in lakes and the ocean. Would be nice to have something more suited to what we use it for. Anyway, if we buy a new boat we have it sort of narrowed down to the 24' Fishrite Performer or the 25'6" (or 23'6") Duckworth Pacific Navigator. We've looked at both boats and they both appear to be high quality. I was lucky enough to see the Fishrite in PWS yesterday and it appeared to handle the water real nice. Does anybody have any experience with (or advice on) the Duckworth offshore boat? Looks like a super well made boat, but I think the price will be quite a bit higher than the Fishrite.

Thanks

Must not be a popular boat up here. Figured I'd reply to my own thread so it didn't look so pathetic.

It looks a little light for my taste. I would like to see a .25" bottom on it. The published weight is 2720 lbs dry. That is more than 1000 lbs less than 26' hewescraft. I like the looks of it though.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Western,

Did you end up getting the Duckworth? Just curious because I'm in the market for a new boat and wanted some feedback on how the Ducks were. Pretty old thread, but hopefully someone has some info on the 20ft Pacific Navigator. I've never seen one in person, but from reading up on the internet, they look pretty interesting.

Last time I was at Deweys they had one on order. This was several weeks back so you might give them a ring and see if its in. Just an FYI.

I'm deployed to Afghan right now, so I was hoping some guys on the forum could give me some firsthand experience with one. They don't seem real popular in AK.........wonder why..........