Thread: land fishing cruise ship port of call

Default land fishing cruise ship port of call

im cruising the south west coast and would like any info on places i may be able to sneak off to wet a line from land. i will be stopping in ketchican,juneau,skagway,icy strait point and seward. any info on places to fish from land,lure selection will be greatly appreciated.

dan, fort lauderdale

Dan, what time of year?

i will be in ketchican june 29,juneau 30, skagway july 1, icy strait point 2, seward on the 4th

You fish salt water off shore at the Mountain Point area about 6 miles south of town, or fish fresh water 7 miles north of town at Ward Lake.

Never been to Alaska (yet) but from research that I've done I can confirm that in Ketchican the Ward lake system about 5 miles NW of town is recommended in Alasaka Fishing. It is probably too early for the Silver Salmon and to late for Steelhead but they also list Pink Salmon and Dollie Varden in that tributary. You can also fish saltwater south from town.

In Seward and Juneau several books have mentioned saltwater fishing from shore based upon tides. Particularly in Seward you supposedly have a fairly good chance of catching someting. If anyone has any "road" recommendations in Juneau, please speak up.

Also, from Seward, your only a couple of hours to Copper Landing and the reds on the Russian River.