Thread: A few from down the Richardson #1

Default A few from down the Richardson #1

Taken with my 40D and a Tokina 12-24mm:

Difficult lighting against the camera (should have been there in the morning instead):

Noon sun. It should have been better with morning sun, but nice reflections:

Much better sun position. Would you believe lily ponds in the interior of AK?

Cloudy sky, but good lighting yields good results:

Ray: Your pictures always impress me. Keep posting, enjoy them all!

Dean

Man Those Are Nice Pics..what I Would Give To Get You On The Boat For A Photo Shoot....
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by boneyardbaits View Post
    Man Those Are Nice Pics..what I Would Give To Get You On The Boat For A Photo Shoot....
    Thanks for the nice comments.

Now, after thinking for awhile about the first two photos, I realized what I did wrong:

1. On both the sun was not around 90 degrees behind the lens direction
    2. I had a polarizer over the lens

When a polarizing filter is used to block some of the light, the ideal lighting is one from the rear of the shooter. If the sun is within 90 degrees to the lens, it screws-up the exposure. Without the polarizer, the results would have been "slightly" better since the light was somewhat directed toward the lens. But at least I am learning

Once again Ray, very nice! I to enjoy your photography work.

Man, I love that drive! enjoy your work and thanks for sharing.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Man, I love that drive! enjoy your work and thanks for sharing.
    That is an outstanding drive, specially for a person driving a RV and lots of time to look around. I usually don't have time to spend, except for a few stops along the way. The Richardson is very scenic depending on the weather, specially between Summit Lake and Donnelly Dome near Delta. However, one has to pull off the road on the numerous trails and side roads, or even hike a little on the hills next to the road. I still have to do this when I have the time. Also, there is a beautiful glacier not too far from the Richardson's monument near Summit Lake. Then, right across the end of the lake (where salmon enter the lake at this time of the summer), one can drive across the gravel pits and up the road closer to the mountains. Again, if the weather is right, this place is amazing, put you have to wait for the correct daylight. Mornings and late afternoons can work on your favor depending on your direction of travel. That's why it's best to take your time on this road.