Thread: gun boots & mounting brackets?

Default gun boots & mounting brackets?

Which gun boot/ mounting bracket combo should I buy?

I've had a couple of the Kolpins. I like the one I have now. It is the all metal bracket that is a hoop type. I have been able to drill a couple extra holes to be able to place it exactly where I wanted to. I have never had anything come loose, no rattles, and never any gun damage.
    EricL

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I use the Kolpin Gun Boot IV on my ATV and snowmachine and it seems to work pretty well for secure carry. I like it for transporting my scoped rifles to and from the hunting area, but quick access is a real problem. Also, they can be an entrapment hazard should you roll your ATV and need to jump clear of it to prevent getting smashed. I really like the Kolpin Finn Grip Pro system for easy and quick access to the “go to” gun, but it does not offer any environmental protection and as such, does not work well for scoped guns or any other gun that you don’t want to get dusty, muddy or wet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

I hate them gunboots I busted both kolpin models, other people have also because I see kolpin parts on the trail all the time. I'm glad they busted off because I'd have been seriously injured last year when I had to dive off the right side of the machine when it went bouncing down the mountain into a ravine. It rolled over 5 times and did 3 bouncing endos before it hit bottom. My rifle made it OK because it was in it's hardcase secured to the back of my cabelas hardbox.