Thread: bear guide

Default bear guide

Has anyone ever hunted bear with Scott Mileur? He is currently guiding on Kodiak? Thanks.

I've known Scott professionally for over twenty five years, certainly in a pretty small top "tier" of brown bear guides. Very professional and knowledgeable about bears and bear hunting.
    As with any guide make certain you fully understand the hunt that is offered.
    Joe (Ak)

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5-284 View Post
    Has anyone ever hunted bear with Scott Mileur? He is currently guiding on Kodiak? Thanks.

Default just my thoughts

I wanted to pack for him, but the job wouldnt let me go for a week, I have met him a couple of times, and this is what I remember, he is in amazing shape, he lives at the base of one of the mountains in palmer, and once a week he hikes it, he was very personable and knows his stuff!!

Good Luck

Default mileur

I hunted with Scott in 2005 . Great guide! Great area! I sent you
    a PM.

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this site and don't quite understand how to navigate. You mentioned that yuo sent me a PM. Is that a private message and if so, how do I open it?

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5-284 View Post
    You mentioned that yuo sent me a PM. Is that a private message and if so, how do I open it?
    In the upper right corner of the screen you will see a lightly shaded box that says

"Welcome, 6.5-284.
    You last visited:........
    Notifications (or Private Messages)"

Click on the notifications link, and then on unread private messages. That'll get you to your PM box.

Default PM

Just go to the top of the page and click on "private messages" .

Thanks for your help. Yes, I would love to talk to you about your hunt with Scott. How would you prefer to do this?

Default Mileur

Sent you a PM.