Thread: serius radio

Default serius radio

anyone have Serious satellite radio for their boat? just thinking about installing it in mine and wondering about reception here in AK.

thanks!

We Only Get Reception In Spurts What A Waste Of Time And Money.....and We Have Taken The Boat To Kodiak And Pws........
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

I have it in my truck and it worked great in the lower 48 and Canada but I pretty much lost signal once I got in Alaska. Unless something has changed, you would be throwing your money away. The only way you would be able to listen to it would be on a computer with their internet access.

Sirius is considering/planning on installing some repeaters up here. However I am pretty certain that is on hold until the FCC gets off the dime and makes a decision on the proposed Sirius/XM merger. Until that happens and until those repeaters are installed, there is no coverage in Alaska.

We have it in our boat in SE Alaska, it works fine here. Sounds like it doesn't work so well further north, though.

Default The last

Quote Originally Posted by AkRascal View Post
    Sirius is considering/planning on installing some repeaters up here. However I am pretty certain that is on hold until the FCC gets off the dime and makes a decision on the proposed Sirius/XM merger. Until that happens and until those repeaters are installed, there is no coverage in Alaska.
    I heard was they were going to install antennas up by eagle river and rebroadcast, but the local radio stations threw a real $%#@.

I have it in my truck for when I travel in the L48, When I bought it I paid $300 and have it for life or until the satellite falls out of the sky.
    Last edited by AKBassking; 06-23-2008 at 17:50. Reason: Forum doesn't like MS Word 2007

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/