Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheep Permit Arrived Today

Talking Sheep Permit Arrived Today

Man, I love getting that yellow card in the mail from F&G! It's official, so now I need to start shooting my bow every day and getting confident out to at least 50 (maybe 60?) yards. I've only got a long 4 day weekend to do this hunt, so my expectations for success aren't really high, but at least it's an excuse to head into the mountains in October, a time of year when most are packing it in for the season.

Has anyone else received their golden ticket yet?

You dirty dog! I'm stuck in sweltering Vegas for another week. I will have to tell the wife "not" to throw away any mail till I get home, goat permit should be in if your sheep is.

P.S. 11:20PM right now and it's 92* outside.

Dang now I gotta run into Wasilla and check the mail! I sure have been looking forward to holding that tag in my hand! I still check the permit lookup frequently just to make sure it still says "you have won DS126".

Wife said mine came in the mail on Thursday. Looking forward to trying to zing a Kodiak goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Wife said mine came in the mail on Thursday. Looking forward to trying to zing a Kodiak goat.
    I'm guessing I should be getting mine any time now as well since I got Kodiak goat. What area you hunting and when you going?

Default sheep permits

good luck to you guys...I have never been lucky enough to draw a permit...hopefully my number will come up one day for DCUA!
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Got to love those yellow card !!!
    Both of mine came in ,Kodiak Goat and Koyukuk Moose.
    All ready to go .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Gotta go see if my Goat permit is in the box....(DG475)............CK

Just ran out to the mail box and found my DCUA/DS203 permit inside . Really looking forward to this hunt !

You drew a coveted sheep permit and you only have 4 days to devote to the hunt? Isn't that about as bad as the ones who draw and never hunt? Why did you apply if you knew you didn't have the time to seriously hunt the season/permit?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Man, I love getting that yellow card in the mail from F&G! It's official, so now I need to start shooting my bow every day and getting confident out to at least 50 (maybe 60?) yards. I've only got a long 4 day weekend to do this hunt, so my expectations for success aren't really high, but at least it's an excuse to head into the mountains in October, a time of year when most are packing it in for the season.

Has anyone else received their golden ticket yet?
    Yes indeed, I also received mine yesterday. DM812, I'm more than half way there.

I gots my DG475 sitting right here on my desk

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    You drew a coveted sheep permit and you only have 4 days to devote to the hunt? Isn't that about as bad as the ones who draw and never hunt? Why did you apply if you knew you didn't have the time to seriously hunt the season/permit?
    I think he drew a late season archery sheep tag. Not eactly "coveted" as It is a pretty high draw percent and low success. If I am right Brian's tag has ~26% drawing odds and only a 2% ram success rate (1% for ewes)! But at least he has the opportunity to hunt in Oct!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Appreciate the criticism, marten, but like LuJon pointed out, this isn't exactly a coveted tag. They usually give out 100 of these tags and very rarely are five sheep taken. The season is only 10 days long, so I think 4 days is a pretty decent amount of time to devote to it. Besides, this is plenty of time to seriously hunt this permit. Between my own hunts and others that I have gone along on in 14C, it has never taken me more than a day to get on legal rams. Since this is an any sheep hunt, it'll be even easier to find a legal sheep if the weather cooperates. If it doesn't, I'm not going to feel bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm guessing I should be getting mine any time now as well since I got Kodiak goat. What area you hunting and when you going?
    Matt, I drew south road system. I plan to go around the end of September, beginning of October. Still back and forth on taking the bow or the rifle, as I have never taken a goat before. I'd like to get one under my belt and then I can play around with the stick and string.

Wife just walked in with the mail and there it is! Finally it is REAL! Dang I gotta get the pack loaded up and get to training!!

Red face Dangit

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The season is only 10 days long, so I think 4 days is a pretty decent amount of time to devote to it. .
    Your right. I was wrong. Criticism retracted.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Question

Has all te permits been sent out? Anyone know te web site to check if awared a permit

Quote Originally Posted by Frznrdneck View Post
    Has all te permits been sent out? Anyone know te web site to check if awared a permit
    Only the permits for the winter drawing have been announced. The spring drawing results will likely be posted around the 2nd week of July. If you applied in November for a sheep or goat tag, here is a link to the results page.

I guess the mailman forgot to bring me mine.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast