Thread: Today (20 Jun) on the Deshka

Default Today (20 Jun) on the Deshka

Well, we got a little bit of a late start. Launched about 0730. There were boats coming back from the 0600 start. I said to the one guy, "you're back a little early aren't you?" he said it was dead. We dropped anchor about 0800. The sun came out strong about 1030, beautiful day, got sunburn. I ripped the lips off of one and that was about it. Did not see or hear anyone else catch a fish today. We left at 3pm. It was a nice day, and it sure beat being at work, but no fishies!! Oh well, that's the way it goes...

Default pass the aloe vera

Ditto, except one rainbow. Only six months til the Deshka reopens!
    Jim Creek - Home of the burning car hook cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Well, we got a little bit of a late start. Launched about 0730. There were boats coming back from the 0600 start. I said to the one guy, "you're back a little early aren't you?" he said it was dead. We dropped anchor about 0800. The sun came out strong about 1030, beautiful day, got sunburn. I ripped the lips off of one and that was about it. Did not see or hear anyone else catch a fish today. We left at 3pm. It was a nice day, and it sure beat being at work, but no fishies!! Oh well, that's the way it goes...
    Sounds like you really slayed them today.....

Angry

We started at 6, fished until 3. My boy caught a jack and had a good hit. Pretty darn slow. We saw 3 kings boated and a few tied to stringers. I think they were decoys.

Default Read 'em and weep....

WOW!

Well past half-way thru the run (even taking late run-timing into account) and the Deshka has only seen 3687 fish swim past the weir!

Peak daily passage was a measly 500 fish.

The most productive trib on the Big Su reduced to nothing more than milk toast.

Sad.... so sad.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

I'm telling you. One bad year is not a representation of future run. The low run could be from many reasons. Ex: high waters 3-5 years ago washed all the eggs away, High snow and cold spring this year, COMMERCIAL FISHING!!!! All these variables and many more may contribute to a low return this year. Watch, next year it will be back to normal.
    What you should worry about is this years combination on a low return, late spring, high muddy water will do nothing good for the return in 3-5 years from now. Let's just all pray that there is not any big flooding like 2 years ago!

Kub-Air