Thread: Kings in the Willow

Default Kings in the Willow

Anyone know if there are any kings up in the willow yet or are they still at the mouth?

Default kings

my buddy is at the mouth right now and i talked to him about an hour ago and he said he say a few roll so hopefully its good tonight

Anyone float the Willow from here? I am planning on doing it tomorrow. I suppose there is lots of traffic as usual but we shall see.

I am curious if any kings have actually moved up in the river yet.

I highly doubt there are many fish in the upper holes of Willow. Very few at the mouth right now.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Few Kings in

I just talked to my brother who was camped there this weekend. He said that he only saw a couple landed all weekend.

Well I just got done floating it. For 12 hours that is. Didn't even bother trying for kings as the water was high and didn't see any and we just ended up rainbow fishing. Caught a few but nothing exciting yet.

Overall it was a wet cold day but the kids had a ball so thats what counts in my book.

Seen some guys camped near the end before the 3rd mouth on a gravel bar and they hadn't seen anything all weekend and that pretty low.

If next weekend isn't any better were in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    Well I just got done floating it. For 12 hours that is. Didn't even bother trying for kings as the water was high and didn't see any and we just ended up rainbow fishing. Caught a few but nothing exciting yet.

Overall it was a wet cold day but the kids had a ball so thats what counts in my book.

Seen some guys camped near the end before the 3rd mouth on a gravel bar and they hadn't seen anything all weekend and that pretty low.

If next weekend isn't any better were in trouble.
    NO FISH
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Default Willow Kings

I too was at Willow this weekend and saw no fish. We took the boat down a few miles and saw only a few fisherman and fewer salmon. If there are fish at the mouth that is where to fish, there are not any significant numbers in the river itself.