Thread: Stupid Question

Default Stupid Question

Guys help me out here. If the Kings were looking down why did they not suspend commercial fishing for Kings? I dont know much about the Alaskan fisherys but i would think sport fisherman would not put nearly the dent in the population that the commercial guys would.

They did. Pay attention.

Hey, I just thougt you might not be able to view the management threads? I meant that this issue has been discussed, is being discussed, and will be for days to come. I was rude, and want you to know I apologize.

All it takes is a certain number of posts and you can access the management threads. One of the mods can fill you in.

Have a great weekend!

Default The quick answer

5 Regular periods open to Northern District (commercial) on consecutive Mondays starting May 23. 4 were fully executed, including Monday June 16th; the 5th (Monday June 23rd) closed, triggered by the Deshka sport fishing closure. I don't know if management actions are being taken anywhere else, if the fish are still headed this way. As far as I can tell from available data, Mat-su Valley kings descend upon the Northern District from space. I don't think they pass through any other fisheries on the way to the Northern District, because there is no concern in any other statewide fishery about Mat-Su kings.

AKBROWNSFAN
    No apology needed! EVERYONE on this board has been great in helping a new guy out! I cant wait until July 2009! I have a friend who teaches school in Anchorage and has been there almost 30 yrs and is building a place in Homer and has a boat there. I am chomping at the bit and want to learn as much as possible!

Default go to fish and game page

For lots of information go to the officiall fish and game page. It has the emergency orders and the counts on several rivers around the state. It also has the weekely fishing report and it has commercial information too so you can try to plan around them. It is a great place to start learning what runs when where and things like that too.

Hey KGPCR,I will be near Homer this August if you like I can pretend to be you and let you know how the boat trip went.I just hope the extras on the airfare don't kill me to bad .