Thread: China Poot Bay

Default China Poot Bay

Anyone ever dip at China Poot?? I was wondering how it is and what is generally the best time to go?

thanks.

Default It's Ok

It's better to wait for the kenai dipping. China poot is only 6 per person with gas prices and it being so far to homer and then a 15 mile round trip to the back of china poot it's not worth it. Plus they are usually small reds. 4-7 lbs.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Where is it?

We may go out of Homer for two days, Monday and Tuesday. I don't really see it on the map. Where is it? Can anyone tell me something about this place? I understand you walk up on shore with a dip net? Anyway if someone can give me a little information about this place, how to get there, ect. I would appreciate it.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default poot

China Poot is located across Kachemak Bay from the spit. entrance is by Gull Island. Access by boat only and on incoming high tide as it can get pretty muddy shallow in there at low tide. Have not heard much fish over there so far this summer yet. Salmon Run late we hope, as every other one around peninsula has been this year.

Default Went to Poot

Went over there on the 4th about an hour before High tide, went all the way up to the falls, hit all the deep holes and not a one, a group at the mouth had it pretty well covered and only got about 4 that i saw. I say like every where else it's just running late. Yet it is still one of my most loved spots , and one you yet one jumping at the falls it woth all the work to get there. Good luck all

My Buddy Went Yesterday And The Snagging Was Awesome....
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default Sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by boneyardbaits View Post
    My Buddy Went Yesterday And The Snagging Was Awesome....
    Do you snag in the salt water at the mouth? Maybe you could describe this. High tide? On foot or with your boat?
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

HE WENT WITH HIS SKIFF AT HIGH TIDE AND SNAGGED FROM IT, YOU CAN ALSO SNAG FROM SHORE...YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE ME I AM NOT INTO ''SNAGING''....I WAS JUST PASSING THE WORD....
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default info

There is a sign on the shore that indicates where you can snag and where you can dip net. We went over and got a few but there are not to many around.

Default June 6 report

My son and I were the first in on Sunday morning at 3:30 AM and we hit the motherlode. Got our 12 in 20 minutes. They were not at the falls really, but in the shallows all the way up to the falls. When we backed away from the falls and worked the more shallow areas around the big rock, then we hit 'em. What a blast....