Thread: Freezing fish in Anchorage?

Default Freezing fish in Anchorage?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anybody knows of a place that can store/freeze your catch for an extended period of time? Approx 7 weeks?

Do you know the cost of this service? If its too much, I might as well buy a small freezer. Which leads to my next question.

Where can I buy a cheap used freezer? Preferably apartment sized freezer.

thanks
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

10th and M Seafoods, I don't know about that long of storage, and you can get a small freezer at Wal-Mart for about $190.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglette View Post
    10th and M Seafoods, I don't know about that long of storage, and you can get a small freezer at Wal-Mart for about $190.
    thanks Anglette. Might have to try craigslist to see if I can get something cheaper than $200.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

10th and M is one place to go. A used one is a good idea. You can store your fish and then sell it as you exit stage left.

Default freezer

Picked up my 5 cf chest freezer off craigslist last year for $125. Have to act fast though...they go quick on there.