Thread: Buffalo Mine Trail Photos- Great Conditions

Default Buffalo Mine Trail Photos- Great Conditions

Rode June 19th "Run to the hills" Great conditions, Who can we thank for building the footbridge? whoever you may be, I thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

awesome pics...looks like that bridge took some work huh? Where is Buffalo Mine Trail at?

about 5 miles past palmer to the north, turn left or (north) on buffalo mine road, park at the end (a small pavement turnaround) start riding on the gravel road that continues north and find multiple trails on the left side that head into the higher country. the foot bridge is a different trail that heads more easterly towards jonesville mine area.

Default bridge

So which side trail do you take to get to that bridge? It isn't at the end of Buffalo Mine Rd. where there is private property and a different bridge, is it?

The private property locked gate and small bridge with a locked gate and sign means you have gone too far in. the new footbridge is only about 1/4 mile downstream from the washed out bridge that we rode on a couple years ago. if you park on the small paved turnaround and look across you can enter what looks like a driveway that leads down to some openings where people party and camp. theres a bunch of small trails that branch out to the river, you just need to find the one to the bridge in the photo.
    If you park at the turnaround-with a little exploring you should find the bridge within 10 or 15 minutes. I hope this helps.

Thanks, that should help a lot!

--Zeb