Thread: Deep Creek?

Default Deep Creek?

My family finally got our boat back from the shop and are thinking about trying to target some flatfish. Our boat is only 16' and we don't want to go trying to catch monsters. Some action from 15-30 lbers would be a blast. I've heard just motor up and go out 1-2 miles, drop the bait and wait works well, is this right? One last thing, the "kelp beds" sound productive, but I have no idea where they are, can anyone give me a general idea?

Thanks alot,

-Nick

Nick - I seem to recall you saying your 16' was a flat bottomed jonboat. Is that the case?

Nope, wouldnt even try going in the ocean with that , our boat is a very high sided runabout with a nice V , its a 98; harbercraft

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Nope, wouldnt even try going in the ocean with that , our boat is a very high sided runabout with a nice V , its a 98; harbercraft
    Good! I was going to tell you not to go out in a jonboat, but apparently you already have that much good sense. As long as you pick a good weather day with mild tides, you should be fine in that boat.

Looking at weather for K Bay- doesnt look too great, calling for 4 ft seas =/, I guess I'll keep an eye on it- If its bad when we get down there we'll probably just go back to Bing landing and head up a lil' bit to see if we can get into some reds instead , gotta love the Kenai Peninsula

Default Kelp Bed

Hi, you mentioned the K.B. that's South of the Anchor Point boat launch. Your right go south to the FALLS out of Deep Creek then out a couple miles should be good.