Thread: Juneau Silvers

Default Juneau Silvers

Anyone picking them up anywhere near town? Cordwood, Handtrollers??? Anything?

Isnt it a little bit early for silvers?

I havent even seen the Chums yet lol..

Maybe a little early for the stream silvers, but I think we are due for some ocean chromers here any day. I may try Cordwood this sunday. I have seen A LOT of charter guys out there recently and I dont believe they are after chum, kings maybe, but I think they are targeting silvers. We will soon find out....

Chums are starting to show up. I have seen quite few jumping in the channel and last time I was out Rocky Island, we saw a bunch while we were there and all the way back to Amalga.

The charters are mostly targeting Kings so far... I haven't heard of any coho or keta being caught yet... season's just running late - I picked up a 34" 28# ocean-bright king at low tide in the cove today. The last few years, they've been fairly dark by now, but the fish are really just starting to show up.

Just my speculation based on experience, but I'd say we're in for a great coho run late into September and even October after the touristas are gone.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]