Thread: 2008 Sheep Hunt

Default 2008 Sheep Hunt

Gents - saw a while back a thread discussing sheep season opening sooner for residents? Is this true or did I misunderstand? Regs say 10 Aug as in years past...Need to buy airline tickets for trip up in Aug...thanks.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Default no early start this season

It did pass and then was voted against. Maybe in the future, but not this season.

I believe this will take effect next season (2009)....

Yes, it happens next year. Still opens the 10th but the 12th for NR's. Only the northern part of the state though if I remember right.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Far as I know the proposal failed

Guys, as far as I know, proposal 85 to open sheep season up north two days earlier for residents failed. It's the first proposal listed in the BOG meeting summary:
    http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...rch08-summ.pdf

I was there at the meeting; they initially passed it, then later changed their minds. Won't go into why, cuz it would likely stir the pot...but a proposal that fails isn't up for reconsideration the next year.

Hmmm, I thought they rejected it, and then revisited it and passed it. I thought I read it in official documentation. Time for some research. Thanks Mark.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Synd

I think it was rejected, brought back to the table, passed, and then it looks like the guides got to the BOG and was rejected again! I don't think it will happen in 09 either. The BOG had some interesting votes this last meeting!

huh... don't that just fry ya....