Thread: Gulp! for pike?

Default Gulp! for pike?

Hi guys/gals, has anybody tried Gulp! for pike? Was thinking of getting some for Alexander lake. Last year we did well with frogs from Cabela's but the hook-up rate was pitiful (tried different methods of running the hook up, down, sideways thru frog).
    Was thinking maybe they'd hold on to the Gulp! longer and thus a better hook-up ratio?
    Been going out there for past 3 years and every year seems they are getting more hammered and thus more picky (I know in July the water's warm and they are sluggish). Herring is okay, but even that can be slow. I get the impression that showing them something new & different
    is important for success (for example: 3 yrs ago Johnson's Silver Minnow the hot ticket, 2 yrs ago topwater spinner baits seemed more effective, last year the frogs; only had a few on the Silver Minnow; I will say that the biggest pike I got the first 2 years was on herring, last year got 2 in the 40" range on frogs).
    Out of all the Gulp! choices, which one do you guys think would be best for Alexander (read: WEEDS)?

Try some of those banjo minnows (yes the ones feautured on TV) they're awesome for pike. Buzz-baits are great too! Gulp in a minnow shape might work.