Thread: Heading up the Haul Road

Default Heading up the Haul Road

Anyone heading up around the 7th - 8th of August PM me. Looking to conserve fuel..... aka truck pooling. I have a F-250 and a camper with only 2 people.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Are you bowhunting ?? May be a trip I may highly consider. Im in North Pole so you can pick me up on the way...

Im heading up on the 5th, going to be in the field on the 8th.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Strangers

The only drawback on this Dave, is you never know who your gonna get stuck with, especially when your camping in your slide-in...don't wanna wake up to some stranger spooning you when your out in the middle of nowhere, and ruin a great hunt, or hunting adventure. I'd get all the info. I could on everyone prior to leaving the Fairbanks area to be sure, there are some wacko's out there. Did a couple of hunt and fishing trips with people I barely knew and it was ruined by stupidity and carelessness, and lack of experience.

Keep me in mind next year, Dave. With teachers having to be back at work on the 14th here, I don't think I can pull it off this year.

Default Hey Dave

I've been hitting the Haul road for 4 weeks now hunting bears.The road is in excellent shape from North Pole to the Arctic Circle.Now the only thing is I got three flat tires in three weeks.I figured out why.....While they are doing there new road construction witht he rock there blasting from on top of this one hill,well that rock is way sharpand all three times I went thru an area they just dumped the rock and where leveling it off.
    So take it easy thru those spots and try not to sidewall your tires.Good Luck to you again this year up there.Daniel

Hey Daniel, give me a shout when you plan on bowhunting up there and well split cost. Anytime in July is great for me but will work around your schedule..

Default bowtech..

how am I supposed to call ya with no number? hahahaha! I'd like to get up there before my wife Deploy's. So it looks good for now as she leaves Aug 6th.So it'll be a meat hunt for me.Daniel

Default Great Thread

I am going from ANC to Happy Valley on the 11th. I fly out of Happy Valley on the 12th and will return to ANC on the 17th.... I have room for 2 hunters and their gear.....

Greg

Default Some

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Keep me in mind next year, Dave. With teachers having to be back at work on the 14th here, I don't think I can pull it off this year.
    Some of us don't have to be back until the 21st.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012