Thread: ATV Ramps

Default ATV Ramps

Where did you buy your ATV ramps to load up into your truck? (If applicable) Lookin to buy a set and want to get a good set, Thanks!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by HILL View Post
    Where did you buy your ATV ramps to load up into your truck? (If applicable) Lookin to buy a set and want to get a good set, Thanks!

Dan
    Lowes has an aluminum set that will work for ATVs. I think they were $169.00 (I might be a little off). They work great for loading onto you truck or trailer. The are arched and about 6 feet long. They come with safety straps to secure the ramps to your bumper when loading. They are rated for 1500lbs total weight and 400lbs spot weight. They will work with any ATV out there. I used them for a few weeks with my Rhino (1049lbs + rider weight). They worked ok but flexed a little more than I was comfortable with. I ended up replacing them with steel ramps rated for 3000lbs....but the aluminum ramps are the way to go for ATVs. Hope this helps.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Default thanks

Thanks Muddy...you don't still have them do ya? ($$$) haha

Steel ramps suck. weight!

They also have some small alumn. plates you bolt onto the end of of a 2x6. I have a wet and they work pretty well. I think the plates are only 40 bucks or so... + cost of lumber

Default ATV Ramp

I just broke down and bought the bifold alum at Sportsman's ($95). I saw the board ones you were talkin about...thought about it but I remember reading a post by someone talkin about how they had one snap on them when they let their buddy use it. I figure these will hold up a bit better. Plus they fit **** near perfect in my tiny 5'5" bed! Thanks for all the advice!

Dan

A little late now, but, my wife bought a set of folding steel ramps at, I hate to say it, Walmart. I thought, great, another p.o.s. from Wally World. They actually have worked very well with my heavy machine and tri-fold to fit anywhere. $85.00

Quote Originally Posted by HILL View Post
    I just broke down and bought the bifold alum at Sportsman's ($95). I saw the board ones you were talkin about...thought about it but I remember reading a post by someone talkin about how they had one snap on them when they let their buddy use it. I figure these will hold up a bit better. Plus they fit **** near perfect in my tiny 5'5" bed! Thanks for all the advice!

Dan
    Smart man I had to find out first that every other option except bifold alum sucks.

Default Heres my ramp set up- with photo

Heres a photo of my ramp on the left, I like the tri-fold because I load dirtbikes by myself all the time (wife and kids are not much help). when its windy and rainy I can strap the mid portion to the hitch (when I unload bikes straight from the truck) this way its very stable and I can run them up and down by myself. I bought the tri fold at sams about 5 years ago for $120.00 then cut plywood pieces for the sides and screwed stoppers at the top (1 x 1 inch strips of wood) so they stay in place, and it still folds up with these pieces in place. I dont have to worry about where I step when running a big 250 up into the truck or trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Smart man I had to find out first that every other option except bifold alum sucks.
    Curious as to why you like the bi vs. the tri-fold aluminum. Tri-fold fits perfectly under the wheeler when in the bed of a pickup. Let me in if you know something I dont...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Curious as to why you like the bi vs. the tri-fold aluminum. Tri-fold fits perfectly under the wheeler when in the bed of a pickup. Let me in if you know something I dont...
    My bad alum bi and tri are both good, I didn't mean to infer the tri alum is inferior to the bi. The weight of the steel ones is why I hate them and wood is downright unsafe.

Gotcha!!!!

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I had a steel tri-fold 5’ ramp that worked ok but was rather steep and made me a bit uneasy so I gave it away to a buddy and bought an aluminum 6’ tri-fold from Sportsman’s Warehouse and have been very happy with it. I think it was about $160
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

I have the trifold 5 foot ramp it also made me uneasy so I put them in the garage for back up and bought a used 8x10 aluminum tilt bed trailer. works great and theres enough room for another wheeler.