Thread: Alaska Magazine

Default Alaska Magazine

Any one see that AK Magazine ran with the dog killing Conibear ADN story. They actually did a less accurate job of reporting that ADN did if that is possible. Aparently now ALL the dogs where caught in "KILLER Conibear traps". They went on to admonish the 50 yard set back and generally fuel the ANTI's fire. I hate it when these rags publish a native alaskan hunting (trapping too as long as they arent catching wolves) in the bush as "heritage" but anyone hunting/trapping from the road system seems to be the enemy. Can you only have heritage if you live free of any modern convienances. These same people would call you or I a biggot if we told them they should stop celebrating whatever hyphenate American ancestry they claim. You stop celebrating being "Greek, Hispanic, Irish, Latin etc.-American" and I will think about giving up my heritage as a hunter/gatherer. I mean you don't live in Greece, Africa, Spain, South America, Ireland do you? Makes just as much sense.
    Sorry for the rant (not really)

Default ?

Jon, what issue it is in? We just got our mail flown in and I haven't read through all the AK mags yet. Send them a concise well-written letter on it; maybe they'll run it.

I am not sure wich issue but it was on the news stand at Wal-Mart yesterday.

Thumbs down

I was out at a friends cabin recently and he had boxes of ALASKA magazines from the 60s to late 80s. it sure used to be a good magazine back then with hunting stories and ads from all the different guides and rifles, and other stuff like that. I picked one up recently and Ididn't even finish it . that rag has gone down the tubes.