Thread: Looking for a second trip...?

Default Looking for a second trip...?

Good afternoon all. Launched a spontaneous expedtition to Chitina to land some much needed fish in the freezer on 06/15 - 06/16. My "lucky" father's day total after 12 hours in the water was 1 red. Such is life I guess. I'm wondering though...with gas prices what they are now, I can only afford one more trip. I tried to time the 20K sonar counts at two weeks, but that seemed not to matter. Any suggestions from experienced anglers as to when I might plan a second trip. Take care and happy fishing!

I would try to time the run for 10-12 days instead of two weeks. Maybe you just missed them. This year is wierd for the fish runs

Default Friday the 13th

I was there Friday Saturday and Sunday but Sunday was best for me with 8 of my 11 that day. It just seems to be a lame year

Default I never get it right....

I have been dipping in Chitina for 38 years, and I figured I had it wired by going down on Friday the 13th. Sweeping hard, I picked up a king and 6 reds. Saturday another 8 reds, and Sunday another 12 and three more kings. Then I fished my brother and a buddy on Monday and they got 12 - 15 each. I think the fish were coming, but the water was 3 feet lower than normal, and I suspect that slowed up the run. I wish I could be there to hit it perfect some time.
    And yes, to those of you counting, I threw back a few kings and left a couple off my tag in case I decided to make another trip down with my brother.