Thread: Fuel in Coldfoot ??

Default Fuel in Coldfoot ??

Anyone been there lately and have any fuel price updates from coldfoot and prudhoe ? Thanks in advance

Unleaded- $Your Right Arm
    Premium- $Your Arm and your Leg
    Diesel- $Your First Born

Ya gotcha...thanks for the help, I could go down the road and see those same prices....Anyone have real help...

Havent seen anything real recent but it was still following the 1 dollar more trend. So probably about 6 a gallon.

In May gas was $4.79 and diesel was $5, can only imagin its higher now!

Default Coldfoot

Dang......Hate to see what the burgers gonna cost, after you fill the truck up....

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Dang......Hate to see what the burgers gonna cost, after you fill the truck up....

$9....had a few of em!...grin Pretty bad when a gallon of gas cost almost as much as a burger and fries!

Default Cheap

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    In May gas was $4.79 and diesel was $5, can only imagin its higher now!
    Well that is cheaper than Valdez! I need to drive there to save some money. $5.18 last week here.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Fuel prices

I don't understand that, why is fuel cheaper in Coldfoot than Valdez, trucking fuel to Valdez is easier than trucking it to Coldfoot...I think the prices are higher in places that are more frequented by touring visitors, I guess its one way of gettin' the money....I've never figured out why, a big Energy Producing state like Alaska, has the highest prices.

I think the prices are higher in places that are more frequented by touring visitors,
    Wrong The highest prices are in the villages that see little tourist impact. With the villiages where only fly in fuel is available being the worst. It's over $8 per gallon in these places right now.

Whoa!!!...$8 a gallon in the villages??? thats just crazy....Looks like all the money our Gov't is giving them, they are now trying to get back.

Whoa!!!...$8 a gallon in the villages??? thats just crazy....Looks like all the money our Gov't is giving them, they are now trying to get back.
    Well the government isn't making anymore money off of $8 a gal gas than it did off of $2 a gal gas.
    as far as "all the money our government is giving them" I'm pretty sure they would give back all the money they've recieved plus interest in return for the land that was taken.

I don't understand that, why is fuel cheaper in Coldfoot than Valdez, trucking fuel to Valdez is easier than trucking it to Coldfoot...I think the prices are higher in places that are more frequented by touring visitors, I guess its one way of gettin' the money....I've never figured out why, a big Energy Producing state like Alaska, has the highest prices.

Guys, ....hold up, those prices were on May 17th, heck gas in fairbanks has gone up about $75 cents a gallon since then. I would guess that gas is about $5.25 a gallon right now and Diesel is $5.50-$5.75 a gallon. Based on the differences between Fairbanks and Coldfoot prices last month to now.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechshooter View Post
    Anyone been there lately and have any fuel price updates from coldfoot and prudhoe ? Thanks in advance
    Why not just make a phone call to "Coldfoot"?
    Joe (Ak)

Because the extra couple of Cents I'm spending on a Phone call to Coldfoot could be going in my Tank...might squeeze another half mile or so....I'm scared to park my truck, gonna have to get a double locking fuel cap. But then again what good is that gonna do.

Default $8.34 per gallon

The locals in Anaktuvuk Pass asked what we were doing up there. We just replied that we had come to buy their gas

Quote Originally Posted by Cavflyer View Post
    The locals in Anaktuvuk Pass asked what we were doing up there. We just replied that we had come to buy their gas
    That's funny
    Actually very few cars or trucks there so they only have to fuel up their argos and atvs. What is not going to be very funny is paying $9 a gallon for heating fuel this coming winter. No wood anywhere, months of minus 30 or colder and a strong northwind that never quits. No jobs and often a spending priority list that doesn't have food and fuel at the top.