Thread: people stealing trail cameras

Question people stealing trail cameras

On hatcher pass people are stealing trail cameras, willow and wasilla side. Why cant people leave others bait statoins alone and not be a peace of S**T and steal. I also had a peace of S**T hunt and kill bear off my bait while I was at work and my hunt was ruined. This *****H*le cost me muney time and a lot of fustraition. If anyone one knows of some one sporting npictures of bear off a trail camera with the name KOREY on the bottom left hand corner let me know and I will pay you for the name. MY stand was violated on the willow side of the pass. A friend had camera, stand and barrel stolen on wasilla side as well.

Put one camera in an obvious place.
    Hide another one nearby aimed at the first one.
    Post the pics here.
    We'll help with ID.

Quote Originally Posted by brslar View Post
    On hatcher pass people are stealing trail cameras, willow and wasilla side. Why cant people leave others bait statoins alone and not be a peace of S**T and steal. I also had a peace of S**T hunt and kill bear off my bait while I was at work and my hunt was ruined. This *****H*le cost me muney time and a lot of fustraition. If anyone one knows of some one sporting npictures of bear off a trail camera with the name KOREY on the bottom left hand corner let me know and I will pay you for the name. MY stand was violated on the willow side of the pass. A friend had camera, stand and barrel stolen on wasilla side as well.
    That's pretty ballsy, stealing from someone who you know has a high powered rifle and may be walking up any minute.

Yup,
    I would not even consider baiting or hunting is such areas that are so easily accessed. There are a lot of people living in close proximity to each of these locations and a mile is nothing to them. All of them have wheelers and get around a lot. Location, location, location. The more remote the better. Risky business leaving valuable equipment around people without moral compass. Lots of vandals and thiefs live along the fringe of society, they are the ones not willing to live among the masses nor are they willing to go further out and live independantly, so they live on the fringes like parasites and take advantage of all that comes their way. End of the Roaders is what most call them. They are very opportunistic and cunning, they know how to work the urban and semi-rural systems. The only thing I can suggest is to go more remote, so it is not so easy for them to do what they do. They are not able nor willing to go the extra distance so your stuff is better secured.

Default They Steal

on military land too......army and air force installations have had trail cams stolen over the last couple years as well. So the problem is everywhere

Default trail cameras

the bait site that was robbed has been there for 13 years and no one has found or meesed with it until this year

Default To catch a Predator

Sounds like you need to focus on two species hunting. It is quite rewarding when you catch the perps! As you probally found out the troopers will not put much effort into it. Keep checking pawn shops,craigs list ect. Worked for me. By the way if you find your stuff in a pawn shop you will have to BUY it back!

Default camoflaging trail cameras

I used a trail camera to catch human vandals once. I camo'ed it by tying it to a spruce tree and gluing spruce bark all over it so just the sensor and lens showed. I also turned off the flash, but it was summer so it didn't matter. Several people walked within 5 feet of it and they never noticed it. I got a license plate and one guy's face on the camera while they were in the act. The cops loved the pictures. That was the end of those dillweeds.

Dude, sorry to hear that.Daniel

Default stealing

Can't stand people that do stuff like that !!!! Almost want you to set up traps just to catch them in the act...now I'm starting to worry about leaving my truck parked, probably gonna have to get a locking Fuel cap, and locking lugnuts for the tires and who knows what else....The bottom line is Situational Awareness, if I see something suspicious, I'm gonna question it, it might protect some other hunter or fishermans property in the long run.

I can understand the camera and stand. But why a barrel. Barrels are a dime a dozen. And I can get them free. I'm thinking an anti or someone young. Did you look around real good. Someone may of just stashed it till later. Walking out of the woods with someone elses stuff takes a big sack. Maybe the point I was trying to make in an earlyer thread is becoming more clear. And getting ripped off would be the good part.Good luck with getting back you stuff. I'll keep my ears open but I don't associate with @holes. Just my self, and I don't steal.