Thread: Russian Falls

Default Russian Falls

If I park my vehicle down near Cooper landing (or the like)... do I need to pay the folks to ride my bike into the Russian River park and hop on the trail to the falls?

Thanks in advanced

Nope, no charge. We started riding in instead of making the hike last year, and it quickly became our favorite way to access the Russian.

Default Thanks

Thanks! Figure it might be a great way to NOT sit in line... AND have some fun.

Thumbs up Family

I 'made' the family hop on the bikes and drudge along to the falls. I've been a few times... first for the rest. Turns out -- they love it. So... now we have a new family bike ride -- with a fun treat at the end!

Thanks Brian!

Glad to hear that the family enjoyed it, Stogey! At five weeks, my little guy doesn't have the head control to make the ride with me yet, but he'll be out on that trail in my trailer next year.

Default going to the Russian

The only thing that they charge you for at the Russian river is the Parking a motor vehicle , or taking the ferry.
    Riding bikes, walking or even a pogo stick is not currently being charged, infact, I often times take my customers up to the parking lot of the Russian river falls trail and drop them off for no charge.
    If you have a person with you that does not want to ride a bike or is unable to ride a bike, you can go into the camping and parking area and drop them off, exit the area in your car and then ride your bike in.
    We have a fellow that does that in our campground. He takes all the tackle and gear, waders etc with him and his son goes out and parks and rides his bike in.
    We saw a couple last week doing the entire Russian river falls trail on those little battery operated carts for handicap folks.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com