Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing with the Bears at the Russian

Default Fishing with the Bears at the Russian

A buddy sent me some pics of this past weekend at the Russian and it just amazes me looking at em that more people dont get eaten, or that more bears arent shot! Check out the guy hiding behind the spruce in the last pic, I bet thats a lonely place to be !...grin

If he is hiding, that's not a very smart move. Looks like a good way to get discovered by the bear at way too close range. I'd be backing slowly away from them then try to get around them to the other people at extremely long range.

Uh.

Wow.

I think I just peed my pants.

They were tearing up back packs, and chasing people into thier boats and the water at guardrail corner. Momma is a bit skittish but the cubs dont give a hoot about anything. I remember a sow with cubs last year and they were newbies and my guess is this is them and they are back. I have seen them late last september at windy corner on the kenai and the next day they were running down the road at the russian. They are some busy critters and stupid people should be shot not the bears.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Wow, definitely not a place I would want to be, even if I had a gun or bear spray. A sow with cubs, are these the same bears that attacked that lady picking mushrooms? I read that here in Fairbanks this morning. Great Pics though.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Default Dont think so

That is a pretty good haul to get from the area where the lady got mauled to where they are. Just my thoughts
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I was also at the guardrail hole sunday morning. It was definitely interesting. I was fishing next to the guy whose backpack was getting chewed up by those cubs. He was feeling pretty bad, but I am not sure he was feeling bad enough. I was a little disapointed when the passing fish and game guy did not give him a ticket. Man, those guys have a tough job.

Default Great photos

Mama sure has grown since last summer! (so have the cubs!)

Agreed..great pics.

Bet the guy upstream had a *** moment

mama taught us all about sharing, LOL
    That means lunch too, LOL

that guy wasn't wearing his backpack at the time was he? maybe more bears would keep some people off the russian, make it more fun to fish...combat after all...
    that guy behind the tree is a crack up, i bet he'd have liked someone to give him some pointers on to how not look like an idiot!!
    great pics.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Unhappy Russian river Bear pictures

Sure would like a link so I could see the pictures.

I bet that guy threw his underwear away when he got back to the truck if not then he used a whole gallon of tide with bleach to get them clean what a dum *ss

There were people closer than that last Sunday. The guy next to me asked if there was a petting zoo down there on the corner.

Default Pepper spray?

Has anyone (adf&g) tried to spray them? Might just PO the mamma if you hit a cub with spray - and she might eat you!

Definately some bad habit bears right there - I know that they were there first - but humans do sometimes have the capability of being the top predator........sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
    There were people closer than that last Sunday. The guy next to me asked if there was a petting zoo down there on the corner.
    Did you tell him, "Yeah they're trained and very tolerent of tourists petting them!! If you ask nicely momma will even give you a ride on her back!!!"
    The gene pool needs to have losers like this removed.

Suffice it to say, those bears won't be there much longer if they continue with their mischievous ways. They can only tolerate people for so long then someone is going to get hurt or killed then the bears will have to be destroyed. Don't like it anymore than the rest of you but I cannot see this continuing throughout the summer, especially with the salmon runs just now starting to build up and another run coming in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Has anyone (adf&g) tried to spray them? Might just PO the mamma if you hit a cub with spray - and she might eat you!

Definately some bad habit bears right there - I know that they were there first - but humans do sometimes have the capability of being the top predator........sometimes.
    Maybe after you get done beating up everyone at Ship Creek, you can go down to the Russian and pepper spray mama bear and her two cubs. Make sure to stand real, real close before you pull the pin.

Talking Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    Uh.

Wow.

I think I just peed my pants.
    I think I just sharted in mine...
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default I was thinkin...

..that it would be more exciting to use the pepper spray at Ship and fight the cubs with my fists - but am leaning towards fillet knife to paw combat on the Griz. Kilt a lower 48 Griz and a badger on the same day once with my bare hands but that momma looks a might bigger than both of them put together.

Did I ever tell you how I once tracked an eagle's shadow across the missouri breaks?

I digress............sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast